With the advent of this new accelerometer technology by nokia, a new pool of application development is opened for the Symbian developers and nAlertMe is also a Symbian application which utilized the accelerometer and the motion sensing features of the nokia phones like N95 etc. With nAlertMe you can prevent your phone from theft of unwanted handling as it sounds a sharp alarm as soon as motion is detected.
Features of nAlertMe:
1. nAlertMe allows you to configure the application to sound a loud alarm as soon as the motion sensor the of phone detects any motion.
2. With nAlertMe installed in your phone you can also increase your chances of protecting your phone against any theft or any mishandling.
3. You just need to activate the application before you keep the phone somewhere and leave the rest to nAlertMe.nAlertMe is presently in its beta stage and it requires a lot of advancements to be done which include:
1. nAlertMe should disable the phone switch off after nAlertMe is turned on so that the phone cannot be switched off after the alarm is triggered.
2. It should also include the option of using the custom alarms rather than the same old inbuilt alarms.
3. Whats really bad is that to deactivate the alarm, you need to put your phone in a defined sequence and until now the user cannot define its own deactivating sequence.
However there are some issues regarding the certificate error as reported by some of the users who have tried this application.