All the best to all the participants.
NEED Free and easy cooking recipes Muft mein to yaha kuch nahi milta mere bhai
Saffron suji halwa
- 3 cups semolina/suji/rawa
- 6 cups water or milk
- a thick pinch of saffron approx 30-40 strands of saffron dissolved in 3 tbsp water
- 5-6 tbsp ghee
- 8-9 tbsp sugar
- ½ cup cashew nuts
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed or ½ tsp cardamom powder
- heat a pan and roast the semolina for 10-15 mins on a low flame. keep on stirring in between so that the semolina does not burn and gets a uniform color. keep aside.
- warm 3 tbsp water and add saffron to it.
- in another pan take water and sugar and give it one rolling boil. close the fire. strain the water to remove the sugar impurities and keep aside.
- in a kadai or pan, melt ghee.
- fry cashewnuts in the ghee till golden brown.
- add the roasted semolina and mix it with the ghee.
- mix everything well and after 2-3 minutes add the crushed cardamom.
- roast the semolina, ghee, cardamom, cashew nuts mixture for 12-15 minutes on a low flame.
- add the hot sugar water to the semolina slowly slowly.
- take care to see that no lumps are formed.
- also add the saffron dissolved water to this.
- stir the whole mixture very well and let the suji halwa cook for 5-6 minutes more.
- serve saffron suji halwa hot.
Serving size: 6