yeh rahi sab ki sharing
Trust of Angel
Saffron suji halwa
- 3 cups semolina/suji/rawa
- 6 cups water or milk
- a thick pinch of saffron approx 30-40 strands of saffron dissolved in 3 tbsp water
- 5-6 tbsp ghee
- 8-9 tbsp sugar
- ½ cup cashew nuts
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed or ½ tsp cardamom powder
- heat a pan and roast the semolina for 10-15 mins on a low flame. keep on stirring in between so that the semolina does not burn and gets a uniform color. keep aside.
- warm 3 tbsp water and add saffron to it.
- in another pan take water and sugar and give it one rolling boil. close the fire. strain the water to remove the sugar impurities and keep aside.
- in a kadai or pan, melt ghee.
- fry cashewnuts in the ghee till golden brown.
- add the roasted semolina and mix it with the ghee.
- mix everything well and after 2-3 minutes add the crushed cardamom.
- roast the semolina, ghee, cardamom, cashew nuts mixture for 12-15 minutes on a low flame.
- add the hot sugar water to the semolina slowly slowly.
- take care to see that no lumps are formed.
- also add the saffron dissolved water to this.
- stir the whole mixture very well and let the suji halwa cook for 5-6 minutes more.
- serve saffron suji halwa hot.
Serving size: 6
Atte ka halwa
Whole wheat flour/atta- 1 cup
Cashewnuts- 4-5 broken
How to cook
Heat ghee in a pan. When it melts and is hot, add the flour.
Mix well. Keep breaking the lumps with the spoon and keep sauteing till it browns nicely and gives out a nice aroma. Keep it aside on a plate.
This will take around 10-15 minutes.
Heat a thick bottomed pan. Add the jaggery in a cup of water. Allow the jaggery to dissolve.
(it does not have to come to a boil.)
Add the roasted atta.
Stir well taking care that no lumps are formed.
Add the cardamom powder.
Stir till it becomes thick.
This will take less than 3-4 minutes.
Roast some cashews in ghee till brown.
Add to the halwa.
"Akhrot (walnut) ka Halwa"
1 cup ghee or oil
1-2 teaspoon cardamom powder
2 cups milk powder (full cream)
4 eggs, lightly beaten
400 ml milk, condensed
2 cups walnut halved, chopped
Heat ghee and cardamoms powder in a heavy based skillet until warm, add milk powder and stirring constantly fry milk powder over low heat for about 5 minutes or until light brown. (Dont over fry, otherwise milk will burn).
Add beaten eggs and stirring constantly, cook until the mixture is dark brown, about 5-8 minutes.
Add condensed milk and cook until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan and thick, about 3 minutes. Add nuts stir fry for one minute and remove from heat.
Spread the mixture evenly in a greased pan, sprinkle chopped walnuts and press with the back of a metal spoon.