Shutdown Computer with Your Cell Phone
Using this method, a user can shutdown, restart, hibernate, etc. his or her computer, just by sending an email from his or her phone.
To do this, all you will need is Microsoft Outlook which should come with Microsoft Office, which most people have. This will need to be on the computer wish you wish to shutdown.
So, this is how you do this:
1. First, you need the batch files to perform the Shutdown, Hibernate etc. You can write them down yourselves
2. open your note pad
and write lik this...
c:\windows\system32\shutdown -s -f -t 00
and save it as shutdown.bat
3. Open up Microsoft Outlook. Make sure that you have already configured it for your email.Now we will need to make it so that Outlook checks your inbox about every minute (1 minute for testing time can be increased if a delayed shutdown is desired). You can do this by going to Tools: Options.
4. Then click the Mail Setup tab, and afterwards, the Send/Receive button.
5. Make sure that the Schedule an automatic send/receive every... box is checked, and set the number of minutes to 1. Now you may close all of these dialog boxes.
6. Now go to Tools: Rules and Alerts... Next click the options button in the upper right hand corner and press the Import Rules button.
7. Now select the shutdown.bat file ...whi u hv created ...
8. Now, when you send a message from your phone to your e-mail address with the subject shutdown or smsshutdown%%, your computer will shutdown.
Use of any of the Isolated or dead E-mail address or any e-mail will shutdown your computer. Enjoy..
Last edited by ~HaAni~; 02-12-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Wow exactly useful tip..i'll must try this when i free from work
An Impressive article! I would suggest for keeping writing this sort of quite informative articles. For your outstanding job, my claps for you!!!
Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your site and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed
reading your thread. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.
It Awesome method to shutdown computer with cell phone.