Recipe of the day * 3rd Dec 2013 *
Chick pea (Chole) 1 ½ cups
Tea bag 1
Salt 2 tsp or to taste
Bay-leaves (tej patta) 2
Onion 1 big
Tomatoes paste 2 tbsp
Ginger 1 ½ inch
Green chili 1
Coriander powder 2 tsp
Garam masala 1 ½ tsp
Roasted cumin powder ½ tsp
Amchur powder ½ tsp
Oil/butter 2-3 tbsp
Chopped coriander leaves 2 tbsp
Method of preparation
1. Clean and wash the chickpeas (chole). Soak the chick peas (chole) in 4 cup of water overnight.
2. Boil the chole with 1 tea bag, bay leaves and 1 tea spoon salt in the pressure cooker on medium/low heat. (It takes around 20-25 minutes to get them tender . Take 2-3 whistle.
3. Peel off, wash and roughly chop the onion. Peel off and wash the ginger. Remove the stem of the green chili.
4. Make a fine paste of ginger, green chili and onion in the blender.
5. Heat butter/oil in a pan and fry onion paste till it becomes golden brown now add garam masala, coriander powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder, and remaining salt, fry for a minute. Add tomato puree in the fried masala and cook until masala leaves the side of the pan.
6. Remove the tea bag from the boiled chick peas and add boiled chick peas in the fried masala and cook for 10 minutes.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with bhaturas (recipe below).
(makes 10 Bhaturas)
All purpose flour (maida) 1½cup
Yogurt 3 tbsp
Salt ½ tsp
Sugar 1 tsp
Oil 1 tbsp
Sodium bicarbonate (Baking soda) ¼ tsp
Water about 2 tbsp to make dough
Oil to deep fry
Method of preparation
1. Take flour, salt, sugar,baking soda, and 1 tbsp oil, mix them well . Add yogurt and mix well again. Now add little water at a time and make a stiff dough. Cover the dough and leave it for 3-4 hours in a warm place for rising.
2. After 3-4 hours, make 10 round balls of the dough . Now roll the balls gently with the help of little oil in around 5 inch diameter, not very thick not very thin.
3. Heat oil in a wok and deep fry the bhaturas on the medium flame from both the sides. Take them out onto kitchen paper.
4. Repeat the process with all the balls.
Serve hot baturas with Chole.
Last edited by Sachii Dosti; 03-12-2013 at 01:57 PM.
wow jee wow.... Jumay ka naashta isi say nosh farmayay jaayay ga, with one glass Lassi
کہاں اتنی سزائیں تھیں بھلا اس زندگانی میں
ہزاروں گھر ہوئے روشن جو میرا دل جلا محسنؔ