INGREDIENTS For GOOL GAPPAY:
-Water 12 cup
-Semolina (suji), fine 2 cups
-For Khatta Pani
-Red chili powder 12 teaspoon
-Bunch mint leaves 12
-Bunch coriander leaves 1
-Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
-Salt As per taste
-Salt, black (kala namak) 1 teaspoon
-Water 2-3 glasses
-Green chilies 2-3
-Ginger, fresh or dry (sonth) 12 inch piece
-Tamarind, remove seeds 4 ounces
-Chick peas, soaked overnight 1 cup
-Potatoes 2-3 medium
-Plain yogurt 2 cups
- Mix sujji and water and kneed into hard dough. Cover the dough with a wet cloth and keep aside for at least 3 hours. Knead again until smooth and elastic. Divide the dough into four pieces. With a rolling pin Flatten each piece into a VERY thin sheet and cut into 2 inches circles with a cookie cutter.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Deep fry each circle until it is puffed and golden in color.
- Blend all the ingredients for the dip together in a blender for few seconds and strain into a large serving bowl and adjust the seasoning with salt and chili powder. Discard the solids.
- Boil the chick peas and potatoes. Cut the potatoes into small dices.
- Put the chick peas, potatoes, yogurt, and sweet Imli chutney in separate serving dishes.
- Serve Gool Gappay with sweet imli chutney, peas, potatoes and yogurt.