RAM is random access memory the main memory of our device which execute each and every process perform. More our device ram more the speed of run time means Ram is only memory which took load of all the processes occur just like we run any application, music file, game all these things are run in temporary memory. RAM if you run number things at same time then you may face not responding problem just because RAM , Paging and cache memory is lesser that your current apps requirements. But not any easy part to upgrade your ram its also costly.
Don't worry here is concept if Virtual memory means You can increase your RAM just by using any device as virtual Ram. This virtual not have same performance as compare to your actual device ram but this concept increase Paging memory and some other functioning which means your overall performance become good and Some application also easily smart running without any not responding issue.
Method To Make Flash/Pen Drive Virtual Ram
Method 1st:- Virtual Ram Concept For Window XP, 7 and 8
- First of all Insert Your Pen Drive
- Then open "My computer" and Right click >> Then open "Properties".
- Now Properties window will appear, then click on "Advanced system settings" from left side.
Process of Increasing Virtual Ram
- Then in "Advanced" Tab click on "Settings" Button appear in "Performance tab".
- Again new window will appear then click on "Advanced" Tab.
- In Advanced Tab there is an option of "Virtual Memory box", Then click on "Change Button".
- After click Change Button "Virtual settings" will appear.
- Now unchecked the box of "Automatically Manage Page size feature"
- Then in Custom size Add Your Pen Drive current same in below format.
Note:- If Your Pen Drive is of Size 4Gb then always add 10Mb less from current available size. As i am using pen drive of size 4Gb and current space available is 3700 Mb then use 3690 minimum approx or remove more as you can because it better of device safety.
Important:- If you face problem in above method then can also follow below method which is easy to perform and work on Window 7, 8
Method 2nd:- Steps of Ready Boost concept only for Windows 7, 8
- Now Add same "Value" in both boxes and click on Apply button.
- Restart Your PC or Laptop and Now pen drive work as "Virtual Ram".
- Firstly Insert your "Pen Drive" >> Now Right click on your pen drive.
- Open "Properties" >> Then "ReadyBoost" Tab.
- Then switch to "Use this device" and reduce your current memory space. If your current device place is 3700MB then reduce it with approx 200-300MB.
- Then click on Apply button and all Done.
- In case if you want to change back your pen drive to normal then switch it back Don't use device in Readyboost tab
- Always Safely Eject Your Pen Drive. Direct remove removal may leads to device damage.
- In Virtual Memory method If you want to convert back your Pen into Normal Then Again open Virtual Settings And Remove custom memory value and choose Default settings by checking "Automatically Manage Paging Size"
- In ReadyBoost method don't forget to revert back to normal or otherwise open your pen drive and delete Readyboost file from your pen drive.