10 tips on how to be a successful husband
1. Dress up for your wife, look clean and smell good.
When was the last time we men went shopping for designer pyjamas? Just like the husband wants his wife to look nice for him, she also wants her husband to dress up for her too. Remember that Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) would always start with Miswak (brusing teeth to ensure sweet smell) when returning home and always loved the sweetest smells.
2. Use the cutest names for your wife. The Prophet (peace be upon him) had nicknames for his wives, ones that they loved. Call your wife by the most beloved names to her, and avoid using names that hurt their feelings.
3. Don't treat her like a fly. We never think about a fly in our daily lives until it 'bugs' us. Similarly, a wife will do well all day – which brings no attention from the husband – until she does something to 'bug' him. Don't treat her like this. Recognize all the good that she does and focus on that.
4. If you see wrong on the part of your wife, try being silent and do not comment! This is one of the ways the Prophet (peace be upon him) used when he would see something inappropriate from his wives (may Allah be pleased with them). It's a technique that few Muslim men have mastered.
5. Smile at your wife whenever you see her and embrace her often. Smiling is charity and your wife is not exempt from the Muslim Ummah. Imagine life with her constantly seeing you smiling. Remember also those Ahadith when the Prophet (peace be upon him) would kiss his wife before leaving for Salah, even if he was fasting.
6. Thank her for all that she does for you. Then thank her again! Take for example a dinner at your house. She makes the food, cleans the home, and a dozen other tasks to prepare. And sometimes the only acknowledgement she receives is that there needed to be more salt in the soup. Don't let that be; thank her!
7. Ask her to write down the last 10 things you did for her that made her happy. Then go and do them again. It may be hard to recognize what gives your wife pleasure. You don't have to play a guessing game, ask her and work on repeating those times in your life.
8. Don't belittle her desires. Comfort her. Sometimes the men may look down upon the requests of their wives. The Prophet (peace be upon him) set the example for us in an incident when Safiyyah (may Allah be pleased with her) was crying because, as she said, he had put her on a slow camel. He wiped her tears, comforted her, and brought her the camel.
9. Be humorous and play games with your wife. Look at how the Prophet (peace be upon him) would race with his wife in the desert. When was the last time we did something like that?
10. Be the best. Always remember the words of Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him): "The best of you are those who treat their families the best. And I am the best amongst you to my family." Try to be the best
hmaty liye nhi hy
I aM sTrOnG bEaCaUsE I DePeNdS oN AllAh
Aww so sweet na
Thanks for sharing
ღ∞ ι ωιll αlωαуѕ ¢нσσѕє уσυ ∞ღ
mia forward karti hooon un ko
Thank you for this lovely sharing @sheem; khush rahyeh
wow very nice tips and what about the wives?.