Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: England agree to resume India Test tour

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Mississauga, Canada
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power

    Default England agree to resume India Test tour

    LONDON: England will fly to Abu Dhabi on Thursday before resuming their two-Test tour of India which was in danger of being abandoned in the aftermath of last week's terror attacks in Mumbai.

    "After spending the last 72 hours consulting security advisers and Government agencies at the highest level, the England and Wales Cricket Board has determined that England will leave for Abu Dhabi today (Thursday) to resume their two Test tour of India," said an England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) statement.

    The first Test, due to take place in Chennai from December 11, and the second in Mohali from December 19, had been in doubt following the attacks which left 188 people dead and over 300 injured.

    Kevin Pietersen's side had returned to Britain last week after the Mumbai atrocity when the scheduled last two games of their seven-match one-day international series had been called off.

    They had since been waiting to hear the latest information supplied by the team's security advisor Reg Dickason who has been inspecting the revised venues of Chennai and Mohali.

    "Yesterday Hugh Morris, Managing Director England Cricket, outlined to the England players that the tour would go ahead subject to security recommendations being implemented," added the statement.

    "The England Test squad will therefore practice in Abu Dhabi and will fly on to India early next week for the two Test matches in Chennai and Mohali if the security recommendations have been implemented.

    "All the players have received reports from the ECB security team and also the recommendations that Reg Dickason, the team security adviser, has insisted the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) put in place."

    While England are practicing in Abu Dhabi, Hugh Morris and Sean Morris, of the Professional Cricketers Association (PCA), will consult with Dickason in India. The two will then fly to Abu Dhabi to brief the players.

    Hugh Morris said: "The only consideration in all our discussions has been the safety and security of the team and support staff. We have been delighted by the input of the PCA and also the willingness of the BCCI to act upon our recommendations regarding security.

    "While we have sought to reassure players that their safety is paramount we have not pressurised any player into making the trip against their will."

    Ryan Sidebottom, who was named in England's original 15 man tour party, has been ruled out of the series with a side injury.

    Stuart Broad will miss the first Test having picked up a hamstring strain in Cuttack during the fifth one day international.

    He will remain in England for intensive physiotherapy and then fly out to Chennai where his fitness will be reviewed ahead of the second Test.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Islamabad, UK
    548 Post(s)
    9504 Thread(s)
    Rep Power

    Default Re: England agree to resume India Test tour

    hmmm sahi hai
    20162B 2B1 - England agree to resume India Test tour

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts