Thread: Windows 10 Will Be A Free Upgrade If You Have Windows 7 Or 8

Mentioned
    1031 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9706 Thread(s)

candel Windows 10 Will Be A Free Upgrade If You Have Windows 7 Or 8

windows 10 2 - Windows 10 Will Be A Free Upgrade If You Have Windows 7 Or 8

Microsoft announced Wednesday that its new version of Windows, Windows 10, will be a free upgrade for Windows 7 and 8.1 users.

That's big news. Microsoft typically charges hundreds for new versions of Windows.

It should also help quickly drive adoption for the new operating system. Windows 7 is the most popular version of Windows, even though it's several years old. Users have been hesistant to upgrade to Windows 8.1 since it has a radically different interface.

Windows Phone 8.1 users will also be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. Windows 10 is designed to work on all Microsoft gadgets: phones, PCs, tablets, and even the Xbox.

Windows 10 takes a step back from Windows 8.1 and includes an interface that's easier to use on traditional desktops and laptops.

The free offer upgrade is only good for the first year after Windows 10's debut. Microsoft hasn't announced a launch date yet.

Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6079 Thread(s)

Koi khaas difference nahi hai.. 8.1 was better. But abhi beta hai it will improve
    mera libas hai tu zps3e44c641 - Windows 10 Will Be A Free Upgrade If You Have Windows 7 Or 8

Mentioned
    1031 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9706 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DexteR View Post
    Koi khaas difference nahi hai.. 8.1 was better. But abhi beta hai it will improve
    8 tu disaster hai mujhe 7 hi pasand hai ..

touch k liye achi hai 8

10 pata nahi kaisi hogi

Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6079 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sheem View Post

8 tu disaster hai mujhe 7 hi pasand hai ..

touch k liye achi hai 8

10 pata nahi kaisi hogi
    I am using it.
    I have used 8, 8.1 and 10.

Let me tell you one thing. When you switch to windows 8 after using 7 for a long time it seems to be a disaster. But trust me, you use it for a month or so, you will forget windows 7. (if you try to adapt i.e.)

Also, If 8 was a Disaster then 10 is a Catastrophe
    mera libas hai tu zps3e44c641 - Windows 10 Will Be A Free Upgrade If You Have Windows 7 Or 8

Mentioned
    1031 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9706 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DexteR View Post

I am using it.
    I have used 8, 8.1 and 10.

Let me tell you one thing. When you switch to windows 8 after using 7 for a long time it seems to be a disaster. But trust me, you use it for a month or so, you will forget windows 7. (if you try to adapt i.e.)

Also, If 8 was a Disaster then 10 is a Catastrophe
    han yeh tu sahi kha .. har new chez k liye aisa hi hota hai phir insan adi hojata hai jaise xp k baad win 7 ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1578 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sheem View Post

han yeh tu sahi kha .. har new chez k liye aisa hi hota hai phir insan adi hojata hai jaise xp k baad win 7 ...
    - Improve Metro Apps with windowed mode will enable you to replace Outlook and Website for visiting Email checking. New Outlook apps coming in Windows 10 (not which is available in current Technical Preview)
    - Virtual Desktop (Enable you easier management of your workflow - Like if you are an accountant, have to deal with two books like Asset & Liabilities, open them in two different virtuals)
    - Start Menu with Metro Tiles (Good thing IMO, I personally liked having Start Menu back)
    - New Browser "Spartan" (with builtin annotation tools so you can highlight specific part of Webpage and share them using "Share Button" with dumb friends, superior interop will enable seamless experience like better web standard support and also offline reading mode, BIGGEST feature ADDONS & EXTENSIONS support)
    - Quick Access if you want to enable it in Explorer
    - New Timer Flyout (Disabled by default)
    - Replaced Control Panel with PC Settings Metro Apps
    - Improved Trackpad gesture support like Apple Mac OS X, which will improve your Windows experience better on Laptop.
    - Improved Aero Snapping
    - Improved Alt-Tab feature
    - MKV, ALAC & FLAC Codec support out of the box

To see changes overall - Change Windows
    Last edited by GrapWhit3; 22-02-2015 at 04:17 PM.