Thread: Migrant Womn Headig To UK For Baby

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)

asking Migrant Womn Headig To UK For Baby

Migrant Woman Heading To UK 'For Baby'

Eritrean Samra, who will give birth in two months, asks how she is going to survive with a new child on the streets in the winter.
    23:22, UK,Saturday 01 August 2015

cegrab 20150801 123007 688 1 736x414 - Migrant  Womn  Headig To UK For Baby

Play video "Pregnant Migrant: Life Is Terrible"

play icon - Migrant  Womn  Headig To UK For Baby

Video: Pregnant Migrant: Life Is Terrible

An Eritrean migrant in Calais who is seven months pregnant has told Sky News she is desperate to reach the UK so she can have her baby safely.
    Samra's voice cracked up as she told Sky's Tom Parmenter that her situation was "terrible", afraid that she would be having her first child and would be living with her baby on the streets.
    She lost contact with the baby's father in Libya as both of them prepared to embark on the dangerous journey across the Mediterranean.
    cegrab 20150723 030950 0 1 589x442 - Migrant  Womn  Headig To UK For Baby

The 30-year-old said: "I don't know where my husband is. I'm all alone here in the jungle. I have nobody here.
    :: Why The UK? What Asylum Seekers Get Here And In France
    cegrab 20150801 015449 211 1 736x414 - Migrant  Womn  Headig To UK For Baby

Play video "The Dangerous Journey To Britain"

Video: The Dangerous Journey To Britain
    "I want to go (to the UK) because it is the only place where I could have humanity and human rights for my child. (It's) for the future of my child."
    She said someone she had come across who sought asylum in France had waited a year but was still living in the migrant camp set up on the edge of Calais, called the Jungle.
    "She has no house. She has nothing. Imagine with a baby, how am I going to survive on the street like this?
    "This is France. People are sleeping on the floor in plastic houses. Imagine when the winter comes. How am I going to live then?"
    She told Parmenter that because of her circumstance she would continue to try to get to the UK as she needed to make sure she would have a healthy baby.
    rtx1mbxp 1 206x116 - Migrant  Womn  Headig To UK For Baby

Play video "Cameron Pledges Security Boost"

Video: Cameron Pledges Security Boost
    She said: "I'm not going for the pound (money). I'm going to change my life, for my future, for the baby's future."
    Meanwhile, another migrant who reached London Saddique Hussein showed Sky's Lisa Holland injuries he said had been caused by his attempts to get to UK.
    His head was stitched and there were marks on his arms and legs.
    The 17-year-old from Ethiopia was among hundreds who have crossed from France in recent days, risking their lives to climb aboard trains and lorries heading to Britain.
    Saddique explained that he made it, but only on the second attempt. The first time he fell from a train, sustaining painful injuries.

1/6

• gettyimages 482500490 1 589x442 - Migrant  Womn  Headig To UK For Baby

• gettyimages 482498638 1 589x442 - Migrant  Womn  Headig To UK For Baby

Gallery: Protest Fire Blocks Road To Calais Port

• gettyimages 482498684 1 589x442 - Migrant  Womn  Headig To UK For Baby

• gettyimages 482498728 1 589x442 - Migrant  Womn  Headig To UK For Baby

• gettyimages 482498618 1 589x442 - Migrant  Womn  Headig To UK For Baby

• gettyimages 482500490 1 589x442 - Migrant  Womn  Headig To UK For Baby

• gettyimages 482498638 1 589x442 - Migrant  Womn  Headig To UK For Baby

Gallery: Protest Fire Blocks Road To Calais Port

"From France I came here on a train. It's very dangerous. I was trying to get on a train. The first time I did it, I was new and the train was fast and I fell down and I became like this."
    Undeterred, Saddique said he tried again three days later and was successful.
    He showed Holland a handful of euros - probably little more than a few pounds worth - which he said was all the money he had.
    "I haven't contacted my family for a month. I need to hear my family's sound, because they might be thinking I have died."
    Saddique was at a former office block in south London, now converted into accommodation for migrants.

Last edited by R. M. Dixit; 02-08-2015 at 11:10 AM.

Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1751 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing.