Thread: Health ; mother care of children

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)

Help Health ; mother care of children

• MOTHER CARE

First-time mother of twins Neeta Jain’s heart sank when her 16-day-old premature baby girl, weighing just 1.3 kg, coughed incessantly for three days after being brought home from hospital. She panicked when the baby started to turn green on the fourth day. “I had absolutely no idea about what happening to my baby. No one, neither I nor my extended family of 11 people, knew what to do,” says Jain, 30, a home-maker.
      That’s when the twins’ personal nurse, Mary Kutty George, stepped in to take charge. She carefully bundled up the baby and rushed her to the hospital, where she was diagnosed with severe pneumonia."We made it just in time, she could hardly breathe. I can’t thank my nurse enough," says Jain. "She not just saved my daughter’s life, but continues to be of great help in looking after my tiny, under-weight babies who need special care," adds Jain. She plans to continue with professional nursing care till the twins weigh three kg each. Professional care also allows Jain to sleep while the nurse takes over the feeding, massaging and bathing the twins.

07 10 pg16a - Health ;  mother  care of children

Like Jain, many first-time mothers — home makers and working women alike — are hiring trained nurses to care for their newborns. Over the past five years, the demand for these nurses has been rising at a steady rate of 30% each year, says Gita Bhambhani, one of the proprietors of the Bina Nurses Bureau in Mumbai.“When my baby was three-months-old, I hired an untrained nanny. She was unprofessional and once got so engrossed in watching TV that she forgot about the baby, who fell off the bed,” says Sucheta Mittal, 28, a homemaker who lives in Ballygaunge, Kolkata. “Since then, I only get trained nurses from trusted bureaus.”Mittal, who celebrated her son Yuvraj’s fourth birthday this September, now hires nannies from Care, that provides nursing service, in Saltlake in north Kolkata.Aasthajob.com is another Kolkata-based online agency which provides experienced nannies. The site lists the picture of the candidate along with her resume, which includes her age, address, experience and professional traits. “A lot of our clients- especially expatriate and rich business houses pay as much as 20,000 a month for a trained nanny, and if she knows English, the charges go up,” says Nath, who uses only his second name for business. “In Kolkata, we have an office in Barrackpore and in Delhi we have a branch in Malviya Nagar, where clients can come and interview nannies, register and pay,” he says.
      On the flip side, a few mothers get so over-dependent on nurses that they rarely take time out to care for the baby, which is crucial for mother-child bonding, says child psychologist Chandni Mehta. “If a mother fails to establish a strong bond with her child, the child could turn reclusive,” adds Mehta. A working mother who cannot be around her child all the time should squeeze in some time to play with the child and read to him, says Mehta.
      "Our job is to help the mother take care of the baby, but some fail to understand that. They hire our services so that they can go out and leave the baby in our care entirely," says George Kutty, 42, a nurse who has been taking care of newborns for the past 18 years. She started working as a private nurse five years ago.

Last edited by R. M. Dixit; 28-12-2015 at 08:46 PM.

Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5438 Thread(s)

Hi Mr. @R.M. Dixit;

Thank you for posting this news and article.... After reading the news I would like to share my views.....

In order to maintain the 'Society Status' and meet the 'Household Expenses', ladies are forced to work and contribute in the house.... her contribution is equally important seeing the inflation, and other factors where income is less and expenditures are more..... It is also very important for mother to take care of her child specially early years of child growth..... may be until the time when child is ready to go to school.....

My personal suggestion would be that couple should plan for kid in a very first year of marriage, where she can take care of the child and then free herself in the third and fourth year..... when the kid is ready to attend school....!!

I am not in favor of hiring professional nurse or bai (domestic worker) to take care of your children, your children need your attention and affection which a professional nurse or a bai cannot give....!
    SetLifeOnFire - Health ;  mother  care of children

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    92 Thread(s)

hmmmmm