Here’s introducing the 13 contestants of “Bigg Boss” Season 10. Only eight of them will get to fight the final battle with the celebrity contestants on the show, which premieres on Aap Ka Colors Oct. 16.This season, its gates have been opened to the aam aadmi (common man) to participate for the first time ever. After months of auditions and scrutiny, “Bigg Boss” has finally announced the names of the contestants who will engage in a battle of wits with celebrities.
Scoured from every nook and cranny of the country, these contestants have all the traits and elements required to turn “Bigg Boss” into an entertainment bonanza. From investment bankers to businessmen, from entrepreneurs to corporate professionals, and from teachers to students, the house will host a spectrum of personalities.Here are the 13 “Bigg Boss 10” contestants:
- Kajol Tyagi: A 23-year-old actor and YouTube enthusiast, Tyagi hails from Mumbai and has roots in Kashmir. She is passionate about dancing and loves to relax.
- Ruchika Singh: A movie buff and party animal, this 39-year-old loves to read and travel.
- Priyanka Jagga: Dilli ki kudi (Delhi girl) Jagga is a 32-year-old marketing recruiter, and her passion lies in playing badminton and going on traveling expeditions.
- Lokesh Kumari Sharma: A foodie at heart, Sharma is a 25-year-old student from Delhi who loves to dance, travel, sing and live her life to the fullest.
- Nitibha Kaul: She is a 23-year-old account strategist who lives in Delhi and loves dancing, music, reading, singing and swimming.
- Mandira Chauhan: Fondly known as Mandy, Chauhan works at a radio station in Pune, loves going on road trips, and enjoys house parties.
- Manoj ‘Manu’ Punjabi: A businessman by profession and a true-blue Romeo by nature, Punjabi enjoys smooth-talking the ladies. Originally from Jaipur, Punjabi enjoys watching cartoons and takes interest in mimicry.
- Manveer Gurjar: The owner of a dairy farm, this 29-year-old man is a gym enthusiast and loves playing Kabaddi and wrestling.
- Navin Prakash: A teacher by profession, this 26-year-old man is originally from Bihar and enjoys reading, listening to music and writing.
- Pramod Dahiya: A writer, sports enthusiast and actor, this multifaceted boy hails from Haryana and lives in Mumbai. His interest lies in reading and listening to old music.
- Nikhil Mehta: A music enthusiast and cricket lover, this 24-year-old actor and singer from Mumbai is an entertainer.
- Dev Devgan: Boisterous and energetic by nature, Devgan is a 30-year-old businessman who lives in Ludhiana and enjoys dancing, especially Bhangra.
- Firoz Khan: Adventurous and fun-loving, 27-year-old Khan loves river rafting, bungee jumping and cycling.
Adding a twist to their lives, these contestants will have to fight one final battle before they step into the “Bigg Boss” house and take the entire nation by storm. So which of them will survive and whose dreams will be quashed one step before being realized? All this will be revealed in the opening show of “Bigg Boss 10.” Hosted by Salman Khan, the inaugural episode will feature Deepika Padukone promoting her maiden Hollywood film, “xXx: Return Of Xander Cage.”