Thread: Pakistani umpire Rauf gets India visa

Mentioned
    1028 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9706 Thread(s)

Default Pakistani umpire Rauf gets India visa

Pakistani umpire Rauf gets India visa

KARACHI: Pakistan''s top-ranked umpire Asad Rauf said Friday he will travel to India next week for the second Test between India and England after missing the first match due to visa problems.

"I have got the Indian visa now and I am flying to New Delhi on Monday and (will) stand in the second India-England Test," Rauf told media.

The 52-year-old had been due to officiate the first Test but missed it because he had to reapply for his visa when the event was relocated to Chennai in the wake of the deadly attack on Mumbai.

His place was taken by New Zealand umpire Billy Bowden.

There had been concerns Rauf would have trouble going to India after New Delhi blamed the attacks on its financial centre on "elements based in Pakistan," deepening the rift between the neighbours.

But last week Rauf brushed aside such worries.

"I have no concerns at all about travelling to India," Rauf told media.

"I am happy to be going there. In fact, it is important to go there because we go as peace ambassadors. Sports and these things should not mix."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pakistani umpire Rauf gets India visa

KARACHI: Pakistan's top-ranked umpire Asad Rauf said Friday he will travel to India next week for the second Test between India and England after missing the first match due to visa problems.

"I have got the Indian visa now and I am flying to New Delhi on Monday and (will) stand in the second India-England Test," Rauf told media.

The 52-year-old had been due to officiate the first Test but missed it because he had to reapply for his visa when the event was relocated to Chennai in the wake of the deadly attack on Mumbai.

There had been concerns Rauf would have trouble going to India after New Delhi blamed the attacks on its financial centre on "elements based in Pakistan," deepening the rift between the neighbours.

"I am happy to be going there. In fact, it is important to go there because we go as peace ambassadors. Sports and these things should not mix."

Mentioned
    1028 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9706 Thread(s)

Default Asad Rauf gets Indian visa

Asad Rauf gets Indian visa

KARACHI: Pakistan''s top-ranked umpire Asad Rauf said Friday he will travel to India next week for the second Test between India and England after missing the first match due to visa problems.