Thread: Most Serious Mistake

Mentioned
    1028 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9706 Thread(s)

candel Most Serious Mistake

Most Serious Mistake

Some visitors pray to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to relieve distress or to grant them something they desire. This is major shirk which puts a person beyond the pale of Islam, and Allaah and His Messenger do not approve of this.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And the mosques are for Allaah (Alone), so invoke not anyone along with Allaah” [al-Jinn 72:18]

“And your Lord said: Invoke Me [i.e. believe in My Oneness (Islamic Monotheism) and ask Me for anything] I will respond to your (invocation) . Verily, those who scorn My worship [i.e. do not invoke Me, and do not believe in My Oneness, (Islamic Monotheism)] they will surely enter Hell in humiliation!” [Ghaafir 40:60]

“Say: ‘It is not in my power to cause you harm, or to bring you to the Right Path’” [al-Jinn 72:21]

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) denounced a man who said “Whatever Allaah and you will.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Are you making me a rival with Allaah? What Allaah alone wills.” Narrated by Ibn Maajah 2118.

So what about one who calls upon the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to relieve his distress and to bring him benefits, when he is the one to whom Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say (O Muhammad): ‘I possess no power over benefit or hurt to myself except as Allaah wills’” [al-A’raaf 7:188]

“Say: ‘It is not in my power to cause you harm, or to bring you to the Right Path’” [al-Jinn 72:21]?

So the believer should put his hopes in his Creator Who has the power to fulfil his hopes and relieve him of his fears, and he should acknowledge the rights of his Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to be believed in, loved and followed , both outwardly and inwardly. He should ask Allaah to make him steadfast in that, and not seek to worship Allaah in any way other than that which He has prescribed.

From the words of Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen , Akhta’ Yaqa’ fiha al-Haaj wa’l-Mu’tamir

www.islam-qa. com

May Almighty ALLAH (SWT) guide all of us to the Right Path and give all of us the courage to accept the Truth in the light of Qur'an and Sunnah and to reject all things which are in contradiction to the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah, Aameen.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2881 Thread(s)

Default Re: Most Serious Mistake

Beshak Sahi kaha