is an iphone application through which you can connect to any of the IRC channels directly from your iphone. I suppose most of you wonít know what actually IRC is, so for all those who donít know, IRC means Internet Relay Chat and it is like internet chat at real time and the channels here refer to discussion forums.
is actually a modified version of the already existing application called Colloquy which is modifies to work well on iphone and with some minor bug fixes as well. The developer of this iphone application has taken special care to include new features also in this version of Colloquy called ColloQ.
Features of ColloQ:
1. ColloQ has the feature of activity notification on the main screen so that you can easily make out from where the message came in.
2. With this iphone application you can also stop any of your ongoing PM and later on resume it or start it again.
3. You can also ban or kick any group member from the IRC channel provided you have the sufficient privileges to that.
4. One of the major concerns before was the big font size which unnecessarily consumed the precious screen space but care is taken in this version to reduce the font size yet preserving the readability.
5. Even the minute of the changes and notification are brought to your notice and whats good is that ColloQ doesnít buzz at the same frequency as Colloquy.
To get an insight of this iphone application there are some screenshots provided below.
1. This is the installation screen, tap on the install icon to start the installation procedure.
2. Authentication screen which requires your nickname and password to authenticate the user identity