2cover story1 - An Affair TO REMEMBER

Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone have decided to go public with their relationship at last. At the 53rd Filmfare awards function, we actually caught them saying ‘I love you’ to each other, backstage. The couple came together backstage and stood huddled waiting for their entry. Probably to alleviate the tension, Ranbir looked deep into Deepika’s eyes and whispered, “I love you”. Deepika smiled and whispered right back, “I love you too”. They thought no one had heard them. (They forgot that walls have ears.)
After the awards function, both of them headed for Farah Ali Khan’s party, where they held hands and snuggled up to each other through the night.

Deepika and Rambir got close during the shoot for Siddharth Anand’s film in Australia. Cupid hammered his final blow there. Since then, they’ve been pretty much together. Incidentally, we’ve heard that Deepika ended her relationship with Yuvraj Singh on the phone.

Deepika Shifts Near Ranbir’s Bungalow
Though the lovebirds are madly in love yet they both get very little time to spend with each other due to their hectic schedules. To pass maximum time together apart from work, Deepika has decided to shift to a new apartment near Ranbir’s residence. Her new apartment would be quite near to Kishna Raj, the bungalow of Ranbir Kapoor near the Pali Hill. This was Deepika would get to spend maximum time with her beau. It is Ranbir who wanted her to move close to him. She has not only won over Ranbir’s heart but bonded quite well with his family. After shifting closer to them, she will get to gel with his parents more intensely.

Ever since they declared their love for each other publically they are frequently featured in different genres of media. Their every move is being closely scrutinised and their news has become fodder for the channels. Ranbir displayed his emotion for Deepika publicly when he blew a kiss to her from the ramp during the Lakme week. Deepika’s association with Ranbir’s family is viewed for the first time when she walked with Neetu Singh, chatted and cheered for Ranbir.

2cover story2 - An Affair TO REMEMBER

The Latest Developments in this Affair

Recently, Ranbir Kapoor visited Bangkok for a photo session with a film magazine and while there he landed up on the sets of Chandni Chowk to China where girlfriend Deepika Padukone was shooting with Akshay Kumar. Unit members confirmed the news and said Ranbir dropped in to meet Deepika on the sets of the film, during his stay in Bangkok. Deepika and Akshay were shooting an intimate scene when Ranbir landed up on the sets. Not just that, he sat in front of the monitor observing the scene closely as the two enacted the scenes.

While Deepika blushed and was obviously conscious of Ranbir's presence, Ranbir seemed to quite enjoy it all, and was cool. However, it was quite obvious that Deepika just couldn't get her act right because she was extremely conscious of Ranbir's presence, As a result, she had to give several takes. After every cut, Deepika would run to Ranbir and the two would cootchie-coo and discuss the scenes.

However, Akki wasn't too amused by all this. Wonder what made him unhappy, the delay in the shoot or Ranbir's presence!

Deepika on Her Modelling Career
“I've always wanted to be a model. People had been telling me for years that I should audition and eventually enter the Miss India competition. I did a few campaigns when I was much younger, but then stopped to concentrate on my studies at school. Though modelling was just a hobby back then, I always knew I wanted to do it professionally."

Deepika Padukone
Date of Birth: January 5, 1986
Sign: Capricorn
Height: 5'9"
City: Copenhagen, Denmark
Mother: Ujjala - travel agent
Father: Ex-badminton player Prakash Padukone
Siblings: Younger sister Anisha
Education: Sophia's High School, Bangalore and she did her undergraduate studies from Mount Carmel College
Marital status: Single
Sport: Basketball, tennis, throw ball and baseball
Favorite style: For formal wear, it would be western-formal or the Indian sari. But on a day-to-day it's a mix of shalwar and western casuals - jeans and t-shirt
Hobbies: Music, eating, sleeping, watching movies
Favourite actor: Aamir Khan and Shah Rukh Khan
Favourite actress: Rani Mukherjee, Preity Zinta, Sushmita Sen
Debut Film: Kannada film Aishwarya and bollywood blockbuster Om Shanti Om
Languages: Tulu, Kannada, Hindi, English
Acting Coach: Anupam Kher
Favorite Movies: Dil & Devdas
Favorite Book: Little Women & 'The Kite Runner' by Khalid Hosseini
Favorite Holiday Spot: The French Riviera
Favorite Cuisine: Thai
Favorite Drink: Nimbu Panni
Favorite Perfume: Escada
Favorite Outfit: Saree
Favorite Fashion Designer: Manish Malhotra and Tarun Tahiliani
Favorite Fashion Choreographer: Alison Kanuga
Favorite Fashion Photographer: Atul Kasbekar
Residence: Mumbai in Bandra, just bought her own house in 2007.