X-plore is a file manager application developed for Symbian mobile phones. There are many file manger applications developed for Symbian mobile phones, some of the most famous are YBrowser, FExplorer, Sy+++plorer, ActiveFile. All these file managers provide the basic options but X-plore has something extra to it.
X-plore is designed and developed by Lonely Cat Games who are also the developers of very famous applications such as SmartMovie, ProfiMail, MauMau. Initially when X-plore was developed it was used as a plugin to profimail but with time it was upgraded to a fully fledged file manager with quite some new features and look.
Features of X-plore:
• One of the good things about X-plore for Symbian is that when you add files to a zip or copy paste files, it shows the progress in the form of a progress bar indicating the percentage of completion.
• Since most of us are used to of using windows, the files and folders in X-plore are also presented in tree structures.
• It also provides a “Quick folder” feature, where you can set the shortcuts to the 10 most used folders by you.
• Unlike many other file manager applications X-plore provides a built in file viewer feature and supports formats such as DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF, TXT, JPG, PNG and few more.
• You can also open and create rar and zip files right within the file manager which is a very useful feature as you do not have to send the file to your pc to view the files.
• You can also customize the look and change the colour by choosing from the 7 different colours available.
Well to accompany all the pros, there is a cons too as it does not include the option of viewing a pdf file.