One of our reader mailed us a problem regarding the file sharing from Documents in Windows Vista.
I want to share a folder called shared files in Documents , how can I share it, I am using vista.
In case of windows the files and folders which are in your Documents folder are protected by default and are private, other users cannot access those files in your Documents folder. So even if you share any thing in your Documents it will not be shared actually because it will give access denied errors.
In that case you need to exclusively share the folder with some access permissions to everyone users group. It could be case when you want to share your entire my documents folder with everyone that too can be done with the same method which we are going to tell you.
Let’s see how can your share files inside your my documents or entire my documents folder.
Procedure To Share Files and Folder Inside Documents Folder In Vista or XP
1. Right click on the file or folder in my documents you want to share, and click properties.
2. Click the Sharing Tab and click share button.
3. In File sharing wizard click change sharing permissions
4. Type Everyone in the textbox and press Add button
5. Make sure that the everyone user group you just added must have reader permissions at least copy and open files.
6. Click the share button to start sharing.
Even if you want to share the entire documents folder, the same procedure applies to it also.