Bangladesh saddened by attack
DHAKA: Bangladesh cricket authorities expressed sadness over the deadly attack on the Sri Lankan team bus in Lahore on Tuesday but hoped Pakistan would still go ahead with their limited overs tour of the country.
"We are deeply saddened by the unfortunate events and express solidarity with the players, match officials and victims of the attack," the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) said in a statement.
"We are observing the whole situation. We will watch how the incident and the aftermath unfold and respond accordingly," said Ahmed Sazzadul Alam, organising committee chairman for the Pakistan series.
However, our preparation is almost complete and we are ready to go ahead with the series," he added.
Dhaka is scheduled to stage the Twenty20 games on March 10and 12 as well as the first three one-dayers on March 13, 15and 17.
Chittagong is due to stage the last two ODIs on March20 and 22. The series is a reciprocal trip as Bangladesh went on a tour last year to fill in after Australia cancelled their trip at the eleventh hour on security ground.