51. During this period, where would the Muslims gather secretly?
They would gather secretly in the house of a Muslim called Arqam to learn about Islam and the revelations sent down to the Prophet
52. When did the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) start to preach Islam openly?
After three years when he received the revelation to that effect.
53. What was the impact of his public preaching?
The people accepted Islam increasingly.
54. What was the main miracle of the Prophet (p.b.u.h.)?
The Holy Quran.
55. Did the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) perform other miracles?
Yes, the splitting of the moon was one of them.
56. Who was Abu Jahl?
One of the Prophet's (p.b.u.h.) uncles.
57. Name some of the disbelievers of Makkah who supported the Prophet (p.b.u.h.), but did not embrace Islam until the end.
Abu Talib, Mutim Ibn Adi and Abul Bukhtari.
58. How long did Abu Talib protect the Prophet (p.b.u.h)?
For 42 years - from the Prophet's childhood until he himself died.
59. Who was Mutim Ibn Adi?
A chief of Makkah.
60. When did he (Mutim Ibn Adi) give protection to the Prophet
When the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) returned from Taif and wanted to enter Makkah.
61. When did he (Mutim Ibn Adi) die?
He was killed in the Battle of Badr.
62. Who was Abul Bukhtari?
He was a poet.
63. How did he (Abul Bukhtari) support the Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h.)?
He spoke out against the social boycott.
64. What lead the Muslims to emigrate to Abyssinia ?
Their growing persecution at the hands of Quraish.
65. Which Surah lead to this emigration?
Surah Az Zumar.
66. When was Abul Bukhtari killed?
In the battle of Badr.
67. Who was then the King of Abyssinia ?
The King of Abyssinia, known as Najjashi (the Negus), during the time of the Prophet ( p.b.u.h.) was As'hama.
68. When did the first group of Muslims leave for Abyssinia ?
In Rajab, in the fifth year of Prophethood.
69. How many persons were there in the group?
12 men and 4 women.
70. How were the emigrants received in Abyssinia ?
They were received warmly and hospitably.
71. When did the second group of emigrants leave for Abyssinia ?
In the fifth year of Prophethood.
72. How many people formed the group?
83 men and 18 women.
73. Name a prominent companion included in this group.
Ja'far Ibn Abi Talib (May Allah be pleased with him).
74. What did Quraish do?
They despatched two envoys to Abyssinia to demand the extradition of the emigrants.
75. How did the King respond?
He refused to extradite the Muslims and assured them of his full
76. When did Umar (May Allah be pleased with him) accept Islam? At the age of 27.
77. Who was Bilal Ibn Rabah (May Allah be pleased with him)?
He was a slave of Umayyah Ibn Khalaf.
78. What was his (Bilal Ibn Rabah's) origin?
He was of Abyssinian decent.
79. What was the name of Bilal's mother?
80. Who was Yaser (May Allah be pleased with him)?
He was a slave of Abu Jahl.
81. Who was Sumayyah (May Allah be pleased with her)?
She was Yaser's (a slave of Abu Jahl) wife.
82. Who was Ammar (May Allah be pleased with him)?
He was Yaser and Sumayyah's only son.
83. How did Summaya (May Allah be pleased) die?
Abu Jahl murderded her with a bayonet.
84. Who was Zaid Ibn Haritha (May Allah be pleased with him)?
He was a slave.
85. Who purchased him (Zaid Ibn Haritha)?
Khadijah's nephew Hakim Ibn Hizam purchased him and presented him to her.
86. What did Khadijah do with Zaid Bin Haritha?
She presented him to the Prophet who set him free.
87. Did Zaid Bin Haritha want to go to his parents?
No, he preferred to live with the Prophet (p.b.u.h .).
88. To whom was Zaid Bin Haritha married?
To Umma Aiman (May Allah be pleased with her).
89. Who was Ja'far?
He was the elder brother of Ali Ibn Talib (May Allah be pleased with him).
90. Where did he (Ja'far) emigrate?
To Abyssinia .
91. Who was Ali (May Allah be pleased with him)?
He was the son of Abu Talib and cousin of the Prophet (p.b.u.h.).
92. When did Ali (May Allah be pleased with him) accept Islam?
When he was 19.
93. What was he (Ali) called for his bravery?
The "Lion of Allah".
94. Whom did Ali first marry?
He first married the Prophet's (p.b.u.h.) daughter Fatimah (may Allah be pleased with her).
95. How many sons did Ali have from her?
Two sons: Hasan and Husain (May Allah be pleased with them).
96. When did Sa'd bn Abi Waqqas (May Allah be pleased with him) become a Muslim?
When he was 19.
97. Where did Sa'd (May Allah be pleased with him) die?
He died in Al Madinah.
98. What was Sa'd's advice to Muslims?
To stand united.
99. Who was Abu Bakr's father (May Allah be pleased with him) and did he accept Islam?
He was Uthman (May Allah be pleased with him) (Abu Quhafah). Yes, he accepted Islam during the Conquest of Makkah.