SYDNEY: Haidee Tiffen revealed her delight after scoring her first-ever ODI hundred as her side sealed a place in the ICC Women's World Cup Final.

Tiffen struck 100 against Pakistan, sharing an ODI record second-wicket stand of 262 with Suzie Bates, who made 168, as it comfortably beat Pakistan.

"It is a long time to wait for a hundred! I am really chuffed and it was really nice to put on the massive partnership with Suzie. It was really nice just watching her play some great shots," said Tiffen.

Tiffen also paid tribute to the efforts of the Pakistan side and believes they have a bright future in international cricket.

"They are a lovely bunch of girls and when I first met them I thought they have such enthusiasm and huge passion for the game, just like us. It is nice to see a team come over in its first tournament and do well. They are a friendly bunch of girls and if we can help them do well in their cricket, through chatting off the field and playing against them, then I am all for it," said Tiffen.

"I think they need to play more one-day cricket. If they can go and play around the world - Australia, New Zealand, West Indies or wherever - then I am sure they will improve. You have seen how much they've grown in such a short space of time.

"They are a young bunch and have a lot of years left in them and hopefully they will learn from these experiences and can take it back home. I know they have huge dedication to the game and that is the first step to doing well at an international level."