With the increase in hard disk size coming with new desktop and laptop computers, the partition size of the hard disks have become large. In most of the branded computers and laptop computers, there is one large hard disk partition,which is usually C: drive.
How To Create Hard Disk Partition Without Data Loss?
There is a very powerful feature in Windows Vista to do the same, called Shrink Volume. In this article we will tell you how you can create hard disk partitions with Shrink Volume Option without any data loss.
Follow these simple steps to create hard disk partitions out of existing hard disk partitions without data loss:
1. Right click on Computer icon and Click Manage
2. This will open a Computer Management Screen shown below. Click on Disk Management in the left hand pane.
3. Right click on the partition you want to shrink, or make smaller in size, click on Shrink Volume options as seen below.
4. After you click Shrink Volume, it will show a window which will show you the size after shrink and size that will be removed out of this partition. The window will look like this one below:
5.Select the size you want to shrink. Note that this space is limited by the amount of disk size already in use by your files or documents. Also it is sometimes limited because of page-files or other OS files which can not be moved. Press Shrink button, this is query and show this window:
6. After this, your original partition will get reduced in size and a part of it will become free space shown in green color. Right click on this green area to make a new Partition out of it and make it usable. Click on New Simple Volume option and proceed with default options to make a new partition out of it.
This way you can partition your laptop computer or your desktop computer yourself without any data loss. Hope you find this article useful and interesting.