Chilli Beans with Rice
* 2 tbsps Olive oil
* 350 gms Basmati Rice
* 1 tbsp Plain Flour
* 1 tbsp Tomato Juice
* 1 Garlic Pod, crushed
* 1 Large Onion, chopped
* 1 tbsp Hot Chilli Powder
* 150 ml Hot Vegetable Stock
* 400 gms Chopped Tomatoes
* 400 gms Red Kidney Beans, rinsed & drained
* Salt and Freshly Grated Black Pepper
* Fresh Parsely, chopped
1. Wash the rice several times under cold running water. Drain and cook in a pan of simmering water for 10-12 minutes, until tender. Drain and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Stir the chilli powder and flour into the onion and garlic mixture. Cook gently for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Stir in the tomato puree and chopped tomatoes. Add the kidney beans and hot vegetable stock. Cover and cook gently for 12 minutes stirring occasionally.
6. Season the chilli sauce with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drain the rice and serve at once, with the chilli beans, sprinkled with a little chopped fresh parsley.