LONDON: Yorkshire county pace bowler Rana Navedul-Hasan believes playing first-class cricket in Pakistan over the winter helped him to hit the ground running at Headingley.

Former Test and One-day International made promising start to his second year as Yorkshire overseas player. He claimed three wickets in Championship draw against Warwickshire at Edgbaston last week and took five wickets in four Friends Provident Trophy matches.

"Comparing to last year I feel very strong as I was busy in Pakistan with my cricket," said Rana, who played three matches for Water & Power Development Authority team in February.

Rana was recently at centre of a visa wrangle that threatened to end his two year contract with Yorkshire which issued him with ultimatum of a week to get his working visa issued. County was getting fed up with having to cut through bundles of red tape to secure him.

"There was a visa problem in Pakistan, but it was not my fault. In Pakistan, situation is very difficult at the moment. Yorkshire sent me letter before it was going to be announced. Someone in British Embassy in Abu Dhabi read about my situation on teletext, and told me I would have visa within three days."

Rana will return to Hove, where he won two Championship titles in three years as Sus+++'s overseas player, for first time on Monday in must-win Friends Provident Trophy match for Yorkshire.

"We need tow in our last two games. But we have to play positive cricket. Sus+++ are a very strong side when they have home advantage. Hopefully we can come away with points," he added.