Blending thyme, parsley, basil and wheat germ, these savory herb-battered chicken bites make for delectable appetizers or satisfying supper fare.
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1 tablespoon water
* 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
* 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
* 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs, seasoned
* 1/2 cup wheat germ
* 1 teaspoon dried basil
* 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Trim any fat from chicken and cut into 1 inch cubes.
3. In a bowl beat the eggs with the water and add the chicken.
4. Combine the parsley, thyme, red pepper, bread crumbs, wheat germ, basil and ground pepper. Stir in the oil with a fork and mix well to distribute evenly. Pour seasoning mixture into a resealable plastic bag and the chicken pieces to coat.
5. Place coated chicken pieces on the prepared baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 10 minutes, turn the pieces and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Servings per Recipe: 4
* calories: 308cal
* total fat: 9.3g
* cholesterol: 175mg
* sodium: 508mg
* carbohydrates: 19.1g
* fiber: 3g
* protein: 36g