Thread: Saeed Ajmal turns down Somerset offer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Saeed Ajmal turns down Somerset offer

LONDON: Pakistan spinner Saeed Ajmal has turned down an offer to play for English county Somerset this summer.

Ajmal said that he has decided against accepting the Somerset offer in a bid to focus on his international career with Pakistan.

“I’ve just started my Pakistan career and want to make my bones as an international cricketer,” said Ajmal, who has become a key member of the Pakistan team in the ongoing World Twenty20 Championship in England because of his ability to take wickets.

The Faisalabad-born Ajmal is yet to make his Test debut but has played ten One-day Internationals, taking eight wickets. He has so far played three Twenty20 Internationals, picking up six victims from them.

Ajmal, 31, said that he has been approached by a couple of other counties, who want to sign him up as their overseas player.

“I’m yet to make up my mind about the offers. There is a possibility that I might accept one of them at some later stage but it has to be good.”

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5939 Thread(s)

Default Re: Saeed Ajmal turns down Somerset offer

good decision

8bffd51cd2705b99335ce635a13dbb09 zps81c9bfed - Saeed Ajmal turns down Somerset offer

..!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Saeed Ajmal turns down Somerset offer

yes..