1. 1 Kg. Boneless chicken meat
2. 4 medium sized onions-chopped
3. 4 tomatoes-chopped
4. 2 onions cut into thick slices
5. 2 tomatoes cut into broad slices
6. 1 Capsicum (Shimla Mirch) cut into slices (the yellow variety can also be used to enhance the color of the dish)
7. 1 tsp. garlic (Lehsan) paste
8. 1 tsp. ginger (Adrak) paste
9. ¼ tsp. ground garam masala
10. ¼ tsp. turmeric (Haldi) powder
11. ½ tsp. Coriander (Dhaniya) powder
12. 1 tsp. salt (according to taste)
13. 3-4 tbs. oil
Fry the chopped onions in the oil till transparent.
Add the Garlic (Lehsan), Ginger (Adrak), Turmeric (Haldi), Coriander Seeds (Dhaniya) and chopped tomatoes.
Cover and simmer to allow the tomatoes to soften.
Add the chicken and cook for another 10 minutes or until the chicken is slightly tender.
Add the salt.
Take a few tea spoons of oil from this chicken into a separate frying pan.
Heat and add the sliced onion, Capsicum (Shimla Mirch), sliced tomatoes, and garam masala.
fry this for a while till the vegetables soften lightly.
To this frying pan add the cooked chicken. Mix and allow cooking for another 2-3 minutes.