Thread: Istikhara

Iman is offline Ĵεάℓoμςұ мзάηş !'м ĝя8..
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)

Default Istikhara

It is a sunnah that, if one must choose between permissible alternatives, one should pray two rak'as , and so on, during any time of the day or night.

Then one should praise Allah and send salutations to the Prophet, peace be upon him, and recite the following supplication which has been recorded by Bukhari in Jabir's narration.

"The Prophet, peace be upon him, would teach us al-Istikharah for all of our affairs as he would teach us a surah of the Qu'ran. He said 'if one of you is deliberating over an act, he should pray two rak'ahs and say:

"O Allah, I consult You as You are All-Knowing and I appeal to You to give me power as You are Omnipotent, I ask You for Your great favor, for You have power and I do not, and You know all of the hidden matters. O Allah! If you know that this matter (then mention it) is good for me in my religion, my livlihood, and for my life in the Hereafter (or he said 'for my present and future life') then ordain it for me, make it (easy) for me and bless it for me. And if You know that this matter is bad for my religion, my livlihood and my life in the Hereafter (or he said 'for my present and future life') then turn it away from me and turn me away from it and ordain the good for me wherever it be and make me be pleased with it."

"After performing the istikhara, a person must do what he is wholeheartedly inclined to do and feels good about doing and should not insist on doing what he has desired to do before making the istikhara. And if his feelings change, he should leave what he had intended to do, otherwise he is not completely leaving the choice of Allah, and would not be honest in seeking aid from Allah's power and knowledge. Sincerity in seeking Allah's choice means that one should completely leave what one oneself desired or determined."

Allah Behtar jante hain.

Pls fwd as you can.........

istikhara - Istikhara
    sahihhadithno614 1 - Istikhara
    Last edited by Iman; 28-06-2009 at 03:51 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2881 Thread(s)

Default Re: Istikhara

Informative Sharing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    96 Thread(s)

Last edited by shaan; 29-06-2009 at 02:16 PM.

Iman is offline Ĵεάℓoμςұ мзάηş !'м ĝя8..
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)

Thanks both of ya ,,. .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1314 Thread(s)