Health Benefits of Cucumber
Cucumber is a fruit that came from the same family as pumpkin, zucchini and other squashes. It has a dark green rind and white succulent flesh. There are 2 types of cucumbers the pickling varieties and the slicing varieties. The pickling variety is relatively small (2 - 4 inches long).
Nutritive Values : Per 100 gm.
Reported Health Benefits :
- Vitamin A 180 I.U.
- Niacin Trace
- Vitamin C 9 mg.
- Calcium 32 mg.
- Iron 1.8 mg.
- Phosphorus 27 mg.
- Potassium 80 mg.
- Carbohydrates 17 gm.
- Calories 70
English cucumbers - Have very little in the way of seeds and can grow to around 2 feet in length.
- Cucumber is best natural diuretic known, secreting and promoting the flow of urine.
- Helps in kidney and urinary bladder disease.
- Liver disease
- Pancreatic disease
- The potassium content of cucumber makes it highly useful for conditions of high and low blood pressure.
- Cucumber contains erepsin, the enzyme that helps to digest protein.
- The high silicon and sulphur content of the cucumber is said to promote the growth of hair, especially when the juice of the cucumber is added to the juice of carrot, lettuce and spinach.
- A mixture of cucumber juice with carrot juice is said to be beneficial for rheumatic conditions resulting from excessive uric acid in the body.
- Cucumber juice is also valuable for helping diseases of the teeth, gums, especially in cases of pyorrhea.
- The high mineral content of this vegetable also helps to prevent splitting of nails of the fingers and toes.
- Cucumber, radish and bitter gourd are beneficial in diabetes.
Mediterranean cucumbers - Skins are smooth with nearly seedless flesh, they have a mild taste.
Japanese cucumbers or kyûri - A dark green cucumber with a very bumpy skin. Mainly used for slicing, salads and pickling.
Cucumber is a very edible fruit which comes from the cucumber plant cucumis sativus, which is part of the gourd family. It is being used for different purpose as it can be eaten raw or cooked. With so many health benefits it becomes one of the most important parts of food diet as well as skin diet. In North America, the term “wild cucumber” refers to manroot.
Cucumber can claim to be a water body as it has 90% water. It is known to be a cooling agent due to the water in it.
Cucumber for Eyes
It is believed that cucumber helps in reducing swelling around the eyes or the big dark circles under your eyes. This is world-wide treatment which is being used to its maximum extent.
Cucumbers are the most wonderful and natural eye pads you can find for yourself. The puffiness and the tiredness in your eyes may just leave you, if you do this in a relaxed fashion. These natural eye pads do wonders after a long days work.
Cucumber for Skin
If you want a happy skin, then cucumber is the answer. As cucumber and the skin share the same level of hydrogen, it becomes easier for cucumber to mask all the problem areas. It helps in soothing and softening your skin which can get you relaxed in no time.
With so many useful ingredients in cucumber it can help you in treating so many skin problems. It has become part of daily beauty product into face packs, facials, juice and many other things which can affect your skin.
Due to its cooling effect it can be termed as a magic wand for all your skin problems. The cleaning and cleansing property helps your skin tremendously making it soft and supple.
The regular intake of cucumber juice is very useful both internally and externally
To have a healthy glowing and smooth skin use this recipe as a cooling face mask:
Blend 4 - 5 leafs of fresh mint.
Peel and deseed the cucumber.
Add mint leaves to the cucumber to make a puree.
Beat egg white and keep it separate, then add this egg white to the cucumber mixture.
Apply this evenly on your face for 20 minutes and then rinse it with water and pat it dry.
Re: Health Benefits of Cucumber
thanks 4 sharing