24 STEPS TO BE CLOSER TO ALLAAH
1. Start off each day with 'adhkaar al-istiyqaadh' (waking up Supplications), thanking ALLAAH for waking up in good shape
2. Put ALLAAH first in your life. 3. Broaden your horizons - learn 5 new verses from the Al Qur'an everyday, travel to pray far in the masjid to brighten your day, take up a booklet having supplications and read them.
4. Pray Salaat Al-Dhuhaa (after sunrise).
5. If someone says something mean to you, just shrug it off and dismiss it in a friendly, laidback manner and pray that ALLAAH shall forgive them.
6. When you get angry, remember ALLAAH and how short and worthless life is to waste in being angry.
7. Remember that you can never have too many friends, but you can have a few quality friends that help you fulfill the purpose of your creation (i.e. to live for ALLAAH)
8. When you're happy, try to share your happiness with others. Thank ALLAAH for that and pray its continuation.
9. When something bad or embarrassing happens to you, just think that it could always be worse. Remember the reward of patience and thank ALLAAH that it's not worse than it is.
10. Do something extra of goodness once in a while, like feeding a poor person or caressing an orphan's head.
11. Never stop believing that you can win ALLAAH'S love and thus work towards that direction sincerely for the sake of ALLAAH which can make you win the love of ALLAAH.
12. Spend some thing thinking of ALLAAH'S amazing creation.
13. Always love those who love ALLAAH unconditionally. This way you will ensure that you live for HIM, love for HIM and hate for HIM (those who are enemies of HIM).
14. Find the righteous ways to express yourself and if you think that what you are about to say shall cause no benefit, maintain silence (this is tough!!!)
15. Every now and then give yourself a break. Play sports, give time to your family and friends but always remember ALLAAH and that HE is watching you.
16. Pray for blessing to come to those being lost and pray to ALLAAH to guide them to the right path.
17. Hug your parents, kiss their hand and heads and always obey them but stop at ALLAAH'S orders.
18. Smile at everyone for your smile makes a big difference to him or her and you are rewarded.
19. Forgive, forget and smile.
20. Tears are not meant for women only, tears are for all human beings with feelings remaining in them. Don't restrain your tears when remembering ALLAAH.
21. When people criticize your actions and effort, revise your actions and see if they please ALLAAH or not. If they don't, then ignore and remember how the PROPHET (SAW) and Sahaba were criticized, made fun of and even physically harmed, so have patience.
22. Read the Al Qur'an daily and try to have a schedule for completing it as much as you could. As you open the Qur'an daily, read with observing not just passing your eyes through the words.
23. Don't let popularity go to your head, for it never lasts and you may lose from it more than you gain.
24. Never look down on anybody for in ALLAAH'S view they could be better than you.
Send this to all with the intention of having a healthy society living for ALLAAH and pray.
"This is by the Grace of MY LORD - to test me whether I am grateful or ungrateful. And whoever is grateful, trully, his gratitude is for himself and whoever is ungrateful, (it is for the loss of only himself). Certainly MY LORD is Rich, Bountiful" (27:40)
(Please do correct me if theres any mistakes)