Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti has today confirmed earlier reports that veteran striker Andriy Shevchenko, a player who has never really settled at Stamford Bridge since his move to London in 2006 for 30 million, will be allowed to leave the club.

He has also denied that the Londoners have made a bid for Bayen Munich's much-sought-after forward Franck Ribery, a player linked with just about every top European side this summer, and confirmed that there would be no more significant transfer business before the closure of the summer window.

"We don't have news [about] players who will come to Chelsea," he told Sky Sports News. "Only Shevchenko will decide to go to play for another team.

"I spoke with Shevchenko. He would like to play with continuity. Here, for me it is difficult to give him this possibility to play a lot of matches.

"I think he will make the right decision for him."

The Ukrainian, who joined Chelsea from AC Milan on a four-year deal three years ago, has never managed to hold down a regular starting spot with the Blues, and spent last season on loan back at Milan - under Ancelotti.