- 1 9" deep-dish pie crust, baked and cooled
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 pints whole strawberries, stems removed and the large ones
- cut in half or quartered
- 1-1 1/2 scant cups currant jelly
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, melt the currant jelly; cool
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and lemon juice.
- In another bowl, whip the cream; adding the sugar gradually. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Spread in the prepared pie crust.
- Completely cover the top of the pie with the strawberries. Pour the cooled jelly over the strawberries.
- Refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours. Garnish with more whipped cream, if desired.