Thai beef salad
Ingredients (serves 4)
* 1 1/2 tbs fresh lime juice
* 1 tbs finely chopped dark palm sugar
* 1 tbs fish sauce
* 2 tsp sesame oil
* 1 tsp soy sauce
* 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
* 1 garlic clove, crushed
* 1 (about 680g) beef rump steak
* 1 x 200g pkt grape tomatoes, halved
* 1 continental cucumber, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced diagonally
* 1 red onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
* 2 long fresh red chillies, halved, de-seeded, thinly sliced lengthwise
* 1 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked, large leaves torn
* 1 bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked
* 1 bunch fresh Thai basil, leaves picked, large leaves torn
* 55g (1/3 cup) toasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
* 4 lime leaves, center veins removed, finely shredded
1. Whisk together lime juice, palm sugar, fish sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a jug. Place the steak in a glass or ceramic dish. Drizzle with half the dressing. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge, turning occasionally, for 2 hours to develop the flavours.
2. Preheat a barbecue grill or char grill pan on high. Cook steak on grill for 2-3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
3. Place the tomato, cucumber, onion, chili, mint, coriander, basil, peanuts and lime leaves in a large bowl. Thinly slice steak across the grain and add to the salad. Drizzle with remaining dressing and gently toss to combine. Divide salad among bowls and serve immediately.