A look at Saturday's play at the $21.6 million U.S. Open tennis championships:
WEATHER: Mostly sunny and warm. High of 83.
ATTENDANCE: Day: 37,388. Night: 23,768. Total: 61,156.
MEN'S SEEDED WINNERS: Third Round: No. 1 Roger Federer, No. 4 Novak Djokovic, No. 8 Nikolay Davydenko, No. 10 Fernando Verdasco, No. 12 Robin Soderling, No. 14 Tommy Robredo and No. 15 Radek Stepanek.
MEN'S SEEDED LOSERS: No. 5 Andy Roddick, No. 20 Tommy Haas, No. 21 James Blake, No. 22 Sam Querrey, No. 23 Philipp Kohlschreiber and No. 31 Lleyton Hewitt.
WOMEN'S SEEDED WINNERS: Third Round: No. 6 Svetlana Kuznetsova, No. 9 Caroline Wozniacki and No. 13 Nadia Petrova.
WOMEN'S SEEDED LOSERS: No. 1 Dinara Safina, No. 21 Zheng Jie, No. 24 Sorana Cirstea and No. 29 Maria Sharapova.
TOP PLAYERS ON COURT SUNDAY: Men: No. 2 Andy Murray vs. Taylor Dent, No. 3 Rafael Nadal vs. No. 32 Nicolas Almagro, No. 7 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga vs. Julien Benneteau. Women: No. 2 Serena Williams vs. No. 22 Daniela Hantuchova, No. 3 Venus Williams vs. Kim Clijsters, No. 7 Vera Zvonareva vs. No. 10 Flavia Pennetta.
STATS OF THE DAY: 21 and 63 The number of double faults and unforced errors, respectively, by Maria Sharapova in her three-set loss to Melanie Oudin.
QUOTE OF THE DAY: "I learned, once again, proved to myself that I can compete with these top girls. And if I believe in myself and my game, then I can beat them." Melanie Oudin, who beat Maria Sharapova to advance to the fourth round.
SUNDAY ON TV (All Times EDT): CBS, 11 a.m.-6 p.m.; Tennis Channel, 7-11 p.m.
ON THIS DATE: Sept. 6, 1920: Bill Tilden beats Bill Johnston 6-1, 1-6, 7-5, 5-7, 6-3 to win the first of his seven men's singles titles.