Assalam o alikum
For the pastry
200 grams plain flour (maida)
100 grams butter
30 grams ground almonds
2/3 cup icing sugar
a pinch salt
2 to 3 tablespoons ice-cold water
For the strawberry sauce
2 cups strawberries, hulled
2 tablespoons icing sugar
juice of 1/2 lemon
For the filling
1 1/2 cups strawberries, sliced
1 1/2 cups whipped cream
For the garnish
icing sugar to sprinkle
- Method For the pastry
- Sieve the flour and salt together. Mix with the ground almonds.
- Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips. Add the sugar and mix well.
- Add enough ice-cold water to make a dough. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree C (400 degree F).
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and using a 100 mm. (4") fluted cutter, cut sixteen rounds of 3mm. (1/8") thickness.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until pale golden. Cool and keep aside the shortcakes.
- For the strawberry sauce
- Puree the strawberries in a blender. Add the icing sugar and lemon juice.
- Strain and refrigerate.
- How to proceed
- Place one shortcake on a plate. Pipe some whipped cream on top and place some sliced strawberries thereon. Sandwich with another shortcake.
- Make the other 7 shortcakes in the some manner.
- For the garnish
- Dust icing sugar on top of each shortcake and garnish with strawberries.
- Serve surrounded by the sauce.
- User Comments & Tips
- You can also make these bite sized, if you use a smaller cookie cutter to cut the shortcake dough.
- The dough can be refrigerated for a few days, wrapped in a plastic film.
a few strawberries
pic kahan hai is ki????