Chana Daal N Kima Qabooli
* Beef mince 1 kg, minced by hand
* Rice basmati 1 kg, wash and soak for 15 minutes
* Daal chana (gram lentil) 1 cup, boil till tender but not broken, drain
* Yogurt 1 cup
* Onions 4 medium, finely sliced
* Ginger / garlic 1 tbsp, powdered
* Red chillies 1/2 tbsp, powdered
* Peppercorns 6 crushed
* Black cumin seeds 1 tsp
* Turmeric 1 tsp
* Green chillies 6,3 chopped, 3 whole
* Mint 1 bunch finely chopped
* Lemons 4
* White vinegar 1 tsp
* Yellow food colour pinch
* Ghee / oil 1 1/2 cup
* Hot milk 1 cup
2 COOKING DIRECTIONS
1. Heat 2 tbsp of ghee / oil in a pan. Add combined mince, ginger, garlic, red chillies, turmeric and salt.
2. Cook mince on medium heat without adding any water. Stir and fry the mince, remove when done and set aside.
3. Add half of mint, 3 chopped green chillies, crushed black pepper and juice of two lemons to boiled daal.
4. In a small pan heat oil and fry onions till golden brown. Remove onions to absorbent kitchen paper to drain.
5. Pour the oil in daal. Boil rice with a few mint leaves, whole green chillies, black cumin seeds, white vinegar and salt. Drain in a sieve when rice is half done.
6. In the same pan spread a little oil on the base and spread a layer of rice over it, then put a layer of mince, layer of daal, sprinkle with crushed fried onion.
7. Repeat all layers. Top with hot milk mixed with yellow food colour, fried onions and juice of two lemons.
8. Cover and place on tawa over high heat for five minutes. Lower heat, cook till rice steams.
9. Serve with raita and pikles.