aap sab ka bohat shukriya jinnhon nay iss compitition mein participate kiya hai aur apni mama ki bnai hui dishes share kien
ab bari aati hai polling ki. toh aap sab say meri request hai k plz do come forward for voting by following the following ruels:
1...sirf Aik he recipe ko vote diya jasakta hai.
2...Members apni shamil ki gaye recipe ko vote nahi de sakte...jis ne diya wo vote cancel kardiya jaye ga.
3...Polling ki last date 28 April Hai.
4...Fake voting ki surat main wo recipe cancle karde jaye gi jis main Fake voting hue.
yeh hein members aur innki mazay-daar sharings
500 grams yogurt
2 3\4 cups gram flour, sieved (besan)
1 cup water
1 cup onion, coarsely chopped
2 teaspoons chilli powder
1\4 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
2 1\2 teaspoons salt
3-4 - curry leaves (curry patta)
1\2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 1\2 teaspoons coriander seeds crushed
1 1\2 teaspoons pomegranate seeds, ground
2 - potatoes
1\2 cup onion sliced
3 - green chilies, thinly sliced
1\4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
1 cup water
- oil for deep frying
1. Blend yogurt, 3\4 cup basen and 2 cups water in a blender until smooth. Yogurt and basen can be mixed with balloon whisker, but make sure that there are no lumps. Place yogurt in a large bowl, add 4 more cups of water and mix well. Keep aside.
2. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large heavy based skillet; add 1\4 cup onion, sauté until soft. Add 1 teaspoon chili powder, turmeric powder, 1 1\2 teaspoon salt and curry leaves, stirring constantly add yogurt mixture and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat and stirring occasionally, simmer for about 20-25 minutes or until creamy but not thick.
3. While the curry is simmering, make better for pakora.
4. Sieve remaining basen, bicarbonate of soda, remaining 1 teaspoon chili powder and 1 teaspoon salt (or according to taste) in a large bowl; add coriander seeds, pomegranate seeds, potato, remaining onions, green chilies and coriander leaves. Pour in water gradually and mix the ingredients with plastic spoon or with hand to a thick paste. (you may not need all the water). The consistency of the better should be very thick, as the vegetables will release water during resting and make it thin. Leave aside to rest for 20 minutes.
5. Heat oil in a deep fryer or a karahai until very hot but not smoking and then reduce the heat to medium.
6. Drop the mixture in spoonfuls into the hot oil. (Be careful not to splash yourself with hot oil.) Dont fry too many at a time, this will reduce the temperature of the oil and will effect the result. Fry for few minutes, then carefully turn them over.
7. Fry the pakoras for 3-5 minutes to a crisp golden color, drain thoroughly with a perforated spoon. Then carefully add to simmering curry. Repeat with remaining batter. Now reduce heat to low and simmer until curry is thick and creamy.
8. Transfer curry to serving dish. Heat 1\4 cup, taken from the karahi in which pakora has been fried. Add 1 teaspoon cumin seeds and 4 whole dried red chilies, fry for few seconds and add to the curry and serve at once.
Serve karhi with boiled rice or chapatti.
RECIPE FOR CHICKEN PULAO
2 cups rice (about 350 gm)
1 cup natural, low fat yogurt
6 skinless chicken thighs and drumsticks
2 medium onions, sliced fine
4 green chillies, chopped roughly
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 star anise
2 tsp whole cumin
2 inches cinnamon
2 large bay leaves
1 inch ginger and 4 garlic cloves, pureed
3 tbsp sunflower oil
Salt to taste
In a large pot, bring the oil to heat over a high flame. When it is hot, add the whole spices.
As they sizzle up in seconds add the onions and fry for five minutes until golden brown.
Then add the ginger and garlic and fry for another five minutes until the whole mixture goes a darker shade of brown. Add the turmeric, the chillies and the chicken.
Stir vigorously for five minutes until the chicken is brown all over. Now, add the yogurt and leave the chicken to cook on a high flame, stirring regularly to prevent it from sticking to the bottom. If it does, add a little water.
After 10 minutes, stir in the rice and fry for a minute or so. Then add 4 cups of hot water, salt to taste, cover the pot and leave to cook.
Once you have done this, dont stir the rice because it will get all mushy.
When the water dries up and the rice is cooked, the pulao is ready. Serve hot or cold, this will hit a spot either way.