6 fresh burger buns
2 tsp. butter
1 bunch salad leaves
1/2 cup grated cheese optional
1 tbsp. tomato sauce
1/2 tsp. chillie sauce or 1 crushed red chilli For patties:
3 raw cooking bananas
1/2 cup peas, boiled drained
1 tsp. tomato sauce
2 red chillies crushed
1/2 tsp. vinegar
1/2 tsp. sugar powdered
salt to taste
2 tbsp. oil
- Pressure cook whole bananas for 3 whistles or till soft.
- Cool, skin, chop, add peas and smash coarsely.
- Add all other ingredients, except oil.
- Shape into 6 round patties, the size of the buns.
- Coat them with the oil, shallow fry on both sides on
- griddle, till light golden.
- Keep aside, reheat when required.To proceed:
- Cut tomatoes, cucumber, capsicum in very thin round slices.
- Shred salad leaves coarsely, keep aside.
- Slice buns horizontally in halves, apply a little butter all over.
- Cook a little on both sides on hot griddle.
- Keep aside.To assemble before serving :
- Mix chillies in sauce, thoroughly. Add salt if required.
- Arrange lower halves of warmed buns in a row.
- Place layer of salad leaves on the rounds, follow with cucumber,capsicum, tomato.
- Heat patties and place over arranged vegetables.
- Top each with some cheese and a splatter of sauce.
- Heat the top halves of buns and place over patties to close the buns.
- Press lightly, fold in papernapkins, fasten with toothpick.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup and banana chips.