Dont Cheat During Diet (diet Tips)
1) Don't ever skip breakfast. Eat something: a piece of toast, fruit, etc.
Your body's metabolism rate slows down at night and does not speed up again
until you eat something.If you wait until lunch to eat, that is 4 or more
hours that your body is burning calories at a lower rate. Eat something soon
after you get out of bed and your body will burn calories at a higher rate
until lunch. Also, don't go more than about 5 hours during the day without
eating. That causes you to eat more at meal time. Eat healthy, low-fat snacks
in between meals is you are going to go more than 5 hours without a meal
2) Right after eating a meal, especially dinner, go straight to the bathroom
to brush, floss, and mouthwash so that your mouth is feeling nice and clean-
this makes it less appealing to eat more (especially before
3) If you get hungry you should chew gum. Some people just like to chew
things. Chew gum while preparing meals or making lunch for the next day, to
prevent you from nibbling food while it is right in front of you.
4) I have noticed that if you eat your meals away from the T.V. and other
distracting places that you will enjoy your meal better and will take a
little longer to eat the meal. Also drink at least 2 glasses of water or one
glass of milk during your meal and you will feel fuller causing you to not go
back for seconds.(note: i suggest water, if drinking milk make it skim milk)
5) Weight in pounds multipled by 15 will equal the number of calories per day
to maintain that weight. 500 calories less per day will result in approx 1 lb
weight loss per week; 750 calories = 1 1/2 lbs per week; 1000 calories = 2 lbs
per week. Keep a daily diary of calorie intake. Fat, carbohydrates and protein
will automaticly adjust themselves to stay within alloted calories per day.
6) Keep healthy foods handy like fruit or vegetables in the fridge. Eat only
7) Keep a diary of your eating and your feelings, far away from the kitchen.
Document everything that you eat before you eat it. Describe how you feel
health wise as you progress. Describe how you feel when you cheat your self.
Soups are a great meal, they are filling, tasty, and healthy. *Soups may
be a good and filling meal, but healthy is debatable. Just look at the amount
of sodium in the most popular brands. Even the low sodium brands have more
in them than most other types of meals (with half the taste).
9) Never starve yourself, especially before going out to eat (or you will
binge). Never skip meals, you must have some kind of nourishment regularly
or your body's starvation defenses will kick in,lower your metabolism, and
store fat. Use nutritional meal replacements instead of skipping or eating
very low calorie meals.
10) Don't think that just because you are eating low fat/low calorie foods
that you can eat all that you want. The calories still add up and must be
burned off regardless of what kind of food you eat. Balance is key