* 400 grams of Small Brinjals (Baingan) (sliced, salted, drained and fried)
* 5 medium Tomatoes (pureed)
* 3 Green Chillies (more or less may be used depending on taste preferance.)
* ¾ tsp. of Fennel (Sounf)
* ¾ tsp. of Onion Seeds (Kalonji)
* ¾ tsp. of Turmeric Powder (Pisi Haldi)
* 2 tbsp. of Coriander Powder (Pisa Dhania)
* Salt (to taste)
* 1 tsp. of Ginger Paste (Pisi Adrak)
* 1 tsp. of Garlic Paste (Pisa Lehsan)
* 1 tbsp. of Cooking Oil
1. Put the oil in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave at 100% power for 2 minutes. Drop in the seeds. And continue to microwave at the same level for one minute. Add the spices and ginger-garlic paste. Stir and cook for another 3 minutes (or 2 minutes at MW 70% + Conv 200 Degrees).
2. Pour in the tomato puree. Cover with a paper towel. Cook at 100% power for 8 minutes, stirring twice, until the oil starts to separate at the edges.
3. Fold in the fried brinjals and a few tablespoons of water to make a thick, clinging gravy. Cover and Microwave at 100% power for 3 minutes. Let it stand for 3-4 minutes before serving.
Serving Suggestions: Serve hot with plain rice, Nans, or Chapati Roti .