Thread: 10 Must Keyboard Shortcuts + EULAlyzer + webssite

Islamabad, UK
    548 Post(s)
    9504 Thread(s)
    Thumbs up 10 Must Keyboard Shortcuts + EULAlyzer + webssite

Firefox Toolbar Customizing

Is your Firefox toolbar yawn-worthy? Do you fall asleep sometimes just thinking about how lame it is?

Well, wake up, because today we're going to snazz it up a bit!

Just click View>Toolbars>Customize. You'll see this:

fx Custom2 - 10 Must Keyboard Shortcuts + EULAlyzer + webssite

Just drag and drop the features you want into Firefox's toolbar in any order you like to customize. You can add spaces, separators and adjustable spaces, too, so you can lay it out any way you like!

fx custom1 - 10 Must Keyboard Shortcuts + EULAlyzer + webssite

Now that's cool!

comp101 - 10 Must Keyboard Shortcuts + EULAlyzer + webssite

When I visit certain Web sites, I often get the error message of"Done, but with errors on page." What does that mean and is thereanything I can do to fix it? Pleasehelp!

Well, to begin, this error usuallyonly shows up in Internet Explorer and it mainlyhas to do with JavaScript. If the Web site you'retrying to view uses JavaScript, you may run into a script relatederror, which triggers the "Done, but with errors on page" message.It is usually generated by an error in the site's code and unlessyou have access to that code, you probably won't be able to fix theerror yourself. Once the problem hits a Web site's code, only thedevelopers of the site can get in and fix it.
    It looks likethis, by the way:

donebuterrors - 10 Must Keyboard Shortcuts + EULAlyzer + webssite

However, when thaterror pops up, you should still be able to see most of the site.Just keep in mind that some of its parts may not functioncorrectly. You might have a missing image or animation here orthere, but most of the site should still be visible. Now, I knowsome of you may be worried about the error affecting your computer.You may be thinking that it's going to harm your PC. Well, I assureyou it won't. The problem lies within that Web site only andthere's no way it could damage your computer. Plus, if you go andvisit other sites, you'll see that they load up just fine. And oncethe creators of the other site fix their code, that one will beviewable again as well.

In addition, ifyou're a Web site designer or editor yourself, you'll want to keepan eye on your site and make sure the "Done, but with errors onpage" message doesn't pop up at any time. If it does, just go inand look through your source code. The problem usually comes froman improper syntax, an incomplete code or a script that is placedin the wrong HTML section. Just take a look at those things and youshould be able to fix the error rather quickly. Then your site willbe back up and running the way it should be.

As you can see, thiserror message isn't one to panic about. It's unfortunate that ithappens, but there's not really anything you can do about ityourself. If there's any way you can contact the designer of theWeb site, do so. They may not even know there's a problem, but ifyou tell them, I'm sure they'll get it fixed right away. Otherwise,you'll just have to sit tight and keep checking back until theproblem is solved. Luckily, it's not an error message that can ruinyour whole day. At least it shouldn't!

msoffice - 10 Must Keyboard Shortcuts + EULAlyzer + webssite

Navigation Shortcuts for MS Word: The Keyboard

Picture this: You're working on the ultimate document. I mean, it's a masterpiece! Too bad the masterpiece is also a nightmare though. It's easily the longest document you've ever edited and the navigation through all those pages is just a huge headache. (Not to mention the back and forth, back and forth between the keyboard and the mouse). I bet you're looking for some help, huh?!

Well, never fear. I'm here to save the day! While these shortcuts won't make your document shorter, they will help to ease the pain as you try to navigate through your work and hopefully, without the need for aspirin.

Today, let's begin with some basic keyboard shortcuts:

• Arrow keys = moves one space or line in the arrow direction.

• Ctrl + Left or Right arrow = moves the cursor one word left or right.

• Home = moves the cursor to the beginning of the current line.

• Ctrl + Home = moves the cursor to the top of the document.

• End = moves the cursor to the end of the current line.

• Ctrl + End = moves the cursor to the bottom of the document.

• Page Up = moves the cursor up the length of one screen.

• Page Down = moves the cursor down the length of one screen.

• Ctrl + Page Up = moves the cursor to the previous page in your document.

• Ctrl + Page Down = moves the cursor to the next page down in your document.

If you're mouse dependent, give these a try. I'm sure you'll find them to be a great aid in your quest to be even more efficient!

~ April

tipoftheday - 10 Must Keyboard Shortcuts + EULAlyzer + webssite

Have you ever downloaded or installed a new program and clicked on "I accept the agreement" without actually reading the license agreement? We all have.
    Unfortunately, it seems that all a company has to do is mention somewhere in the impenetrable text of their EULA what they may be installing or collecting in the background to meet legal disclosure requirements.

Some agreements are honest enough to list in plain language what they are going to do.

“In order for us to keep this software free we will open advertisements while you surf the web. ……. I further understand that a search tool bar will be added to my web browser which will remain visible as long as the software is installed and agree that XXXXXX web page will become my default Home page…”

Because some software providers do not have our best interests in mind, this article will show you how to install and use a powerful free tool to help you spot potential problems like pop up ads, unwanted tool bars and personal information collection software before they are installed..

Section A

Step 1:
    Download EULAlyzer from the Javacool Software web site

If you are familiar with downloading and installing software skip to Section B below.

lutz eula 1 - 10 Must Keyboard Shortcuts + EULAlyzer + webssite
    Figure 1

Step 2:
    To start the download to your PC, click on the Save File button (Figure 2)

lutz eula 2 - 10 Must Keyboard Shortcuts + EULAlyzer + webssite
    Figure 2

If you have not changed the default download location, the file will be on your desktop

It should look something like Figure 3

lutz eula 3 - 10 Must Keyboard Shortcuts + EULAlyzer + webssite
    Figure 3

Step 3:
    Locate the file “eulalyzersetup20.exe” Double click on it to start the installation process. Click the “Run” Button. (Figure 4)

lutz eula 4 - 10 Must Keyboard Shortcuts + EULAlyzer + webssite
    Figure 4

Section B

Now that you have the EULAlyzer program installed there are only a few steps to checking an agreement for potential problems.

Before you install a program, subscribe to a service, or join a new Web site you will be asked to accept a user agreement. The agreements may have several different names, to be thorough consider looking at all of them before clicking on I agree…..

Some of the possible names are:

Privacy Policy:

( Please note: Sometimes they offer "Privacy Policy Highlights" and you must click a link in that screen to see the “Complete Privacy Policy”.)

- Terms & Conditions

- Advertising Policy

- Legal Notices

Step 1 - Open the EULAlyzer program and click on Analyze on the left hand side of the screen. (Figure 5)

lutz eula 5 - 10 Must Keyboard Shortcuts + EULAlyzer + webssite
    Figure 5

Step 2
    - Drag and drop the Crosshair icon onto the window displaying the text you would like analyzed. This method may not always work depending on how the agreement is displayed on your computer. The way you can make it work every time is to copy the text from the document and paste it into the box labeled “License Agreement To Analyze” and then Left click on the “Analyze” button. (Figure 6)

lutz eula 6 - 10 Must Keyboard Shortcuts + EULAlyzer + webssite
    Figure 6

Step 3 -
    The program provides a tremendous amount of detail, you can drill down to each potential problem word or phrase. Or if you prefer you can look at the “Details” box for a brief summary and a “calculated interest level”.

The: “Flagged text” is broken down into several categories:

Left click on a category to display each phrase that fits that group

Left click on the green arrow to highlight the specific words or phrases that may be a problem.

The “Details:” box provides a summary of the analysis. (Figure 7)

lutz eula 7 - 10 Must Keyboard Shortcuts + EULAlyzer + webssite
    Figure 7

Below are a few example potential problem phrases:

The text in bold is for emphasis only.

“These third parties may also use combined information about your visits to our Site and other sites in order to provide advertisements about related goods and services that may be of interest to you. You can opt-out of the third party advertising program by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative website Opting out of a network does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising.”
    “Third Parties and Advertising. Third parties advertise on our Sites, and we also contract with third parties to serve ads across the Internet. These third parties may serve ads about our products or services, or third party products or services in which, based on your Session Data, we or our business partners believe you may be interested. These third parties may seek to use cookies and pixel tags, including those collected on our Site, to track Session Data about the ads you have seen and types of things in which you appear interested.”

“We collect personally identifiable information such as names, email addresses and demographic information such as age, gender and zip code. We also may collect your IP address, browser type, domain name, access times and referring Web site address. This information is collected both during registration on a site or in response to specific requests, for example when signing up for a newsletter, entering a sweepstakes or contest or answering a survey.”

“Information Posted on XXXXXXX Broadband Sites - By transmitting, uploading, posting or submitting any Information to XXXXXXX Broadband Sites you (a) declare such Information is not confidential, secret or proprietary information; (b) warrant that no other party has rights to the Information and that your transmission, posting, uploading or submission of the Information to XXXXXXX Broadband Sites does not violate any copyright or other laws; and (c) irrevocably grant XXXXXXX Broadband, a worldwide, royalty free, non-exclusive perpetual, worldwide license to use, display, perform, distribute, modify, reproduce and publish the Information in any form anywhere.”

While it can take some time to checkout these agreements, using the EULAlyzer program is much faster than reading each one and trying to analyze them by your self. I believe knowing about potential security leaks or annoying pop ups in advance is well worth the time invested.

Please note: While analyzing documents is a valuable practice. You should always have active and up to date Virus protection software and a Firewall running at all times.

~Boyd Lutz

coolsite - 10 Must Keyboard Shortcuts + EULAlyzer + webssite

Funny Typos

Typos happen to the best of us. I know I’ve had my share. Whether I’m tired or sick, or just not paying attention – they happen. But that doesn’t make them any less funny when you discover them.

This site is devoted to funny typos from all over the world. I don’t remember the last time I’ve laughed so hard.

The site is setup blog style, so just scroll down the page to explore it. The most recent entries are at the top, with previous ones below them. To explore further, click the Older Posts link at the bottom of the page to travel back through them.

On the right side of the page you’ll find your other navigation options. You can browse by recent post, top posts, categories, and recent comments. Or if you want to scroll down you can click on a tag in the tag cloud to select posts.

Have a laugh, I know I did!

20162B 2B1 - 10 Must Keyboard Shortcuts + EULAlyzer + webssite

Karachi, Pakistan, Pakistan
    408 Post(s)
    9084 Thread(s)
    Default Re: 10 Must Keyboard Shortcuts + EULAlyzer + webss

0 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

83 Post(s)
    8537 Thread(s)