Chicken and basil fried rice
Ingredients (serves 4)
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3 1/2 cups skinless shredded barbecued chicken
- 2 medium (300g) carrots, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 3 cups cooked, cooled long-grain rice
- 100g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 1/2 cups beansprouts, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded fresh basil leavesMethod
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Lightly spray onion with oil. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add chicken and carrot. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Add rice, snow peas and beansprouts. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Add soy sauce and garlic. Stir to combine. Remove from heat. Add basil and stir to combine. Serve.