Meat stuffed bell-peppers
4 - medium bell peppers of any color
1/4 kg - minced meat
1 - medium finely chopped onion
1 - medium size potato, cut in small cubes
1 - carrot, cut as the potatoes
2 - green chilies, chopped
1/2 bunch - coriander leaves
1/4 cup - mint/basil leaves
1/4 tsp - red chili powder
1/4 tsp - turmeric powder
1/4 tsp - cumin powder
1/4 tsp - pepper powder
1 tbsp - vinegar
salt to taste
2 tbsp - butter
some thick thread
- Heat some cooking oil & fry the onions till pink.
- Then add the chillies & powder spices and fry well.
- Add the potatoes & carrots and cook for 5 whole minutes
- Toss a few times in between.
- Add the mince and salt & cook covered on low heat until the meat & veggies are cooked.
- Last, add the chopped leaves & vinegar, toss well & cook covered for a minute, open, to dry out excess water.
- Cut off the top of the capsicum, empty the cavity & apply the butter to its inner & outer surfaces.
- Fill them equally with the mince & cover with their lids tying with some thread to secure the lid in place.
- Grease a pan & shallow fry the stuffed bell-peppers, sprinkling some salt on them.
- Cover & cook till they are soft; don't overcook till they are soggy.
- Cut off the threads & serve hot as an appetizer or side to a rice/kebab dish.
Sab Mill Chuke Hain Mujhe
Main Ab Takreban Mukamal Ho Chuki Hoon!!
Yahi Dastoor-E-ulfat Hai,Nammi Ankhon,
Mein Le Kar Bhi,
Sabhi Se Kehna Parta Hai,K Mera Haal,