Thread: The Awesome Right-Click No-Click Trick

Islamabad, UK
    548 Post(s)
    9504 Thread(s)
    candel The Awesome Right-Click No-Click Trick

quick tips - The Awesome Right-Click No-Click Trick

Left, Right, Left!

I don't know about you, but I love having two monitors! Windows 7 comes with some neat accommodations for double-screened users, too! The next time you're looking to move a window from one monitor to the next consider this handy keyboard shortcut!

Just hold Shift and the Windows Key and press the left or right arrow keys! That will zap the active window from one screen to another fast!

double mon - The Awesome Right-Click No-Click Trick

Pretty neat, eh?

comp101 - The Awesome Right-Click No-Click Trick

Is there an easy way to tell if I have Administrator rights or not?

Have you everrun into a situation where you had to sign in to your computerunder the Administrator account? I mean, sometimes certain softwareprograms, etc. require you to have Administrator rights before youcan actually install anything on your PC. (You can read this articlefor more information on Administrator rights, just in case you'renot too sure about the whole thing).

Okay, let'ssay you just bought a new piece of software and when you go toinstall it, you're asked for your Administrator information. So,you log into your Administrator account, you install the softwareand everything is just peachy keen. But, what happens when you'redone with the whole process? Did you remember to sign out of yourAdministrator account and go back to your normal PC mode? Are youunable to remember if you did it or not?

If you're notsure either way, there's a very easy way to check. All you have todo is right click on your Start button and checkto see if the first option says Open or Open All Users. If you seeOpen All Users, that means you're still logged inunder the Administrator account. If you just seeOpen, you're signed in under your limited accountand that's the best place to be. This little trick helps when otherpeople are using your computer as well. To make sure they're notchanging your accounts around, do the quick right click and you'llbe in the know again!

msoffice - The Awesome Right-Click No-Click Trick

The Mouseless Right-Click

Over the years I have found that there are many people who would like to use the right-click menus my tips are always referring to but just hate the mouse.

These right-clicks are great for everyone who's comfortable with the mouse. And many people aren't even remotely interested in trying to remember all the key combinations necessary to replace all the stuff the right-click can do.

But what about the rest of you? The ones who love to use the keyboard as much as possible, but still want to complete the same tasks the tips are covering.

Is there a mouseless solution for you?

Yep! Just as the title suggested, there is.

Take a look at your keyboard to the right of the space bar and just past the Alt and Windows keys.

See it?

menu key - The Awesome Right-Click No-Click Trick

Press this menu key and you've replaced the right-click.

From there, you can use the arrow keys to navigate through the pop up menus and the Enter key to select your choices.

Just in case, if you've hit this key accidentally or just need to get out of the pop up menu, hit the Esc key.

Here's a quick note: When I checked my laptop keyboard, I found this key in the top section of the keyboard. You may have to do some searching to find it.

Viola! Mouseless right clicks at your service!

tipoftheday - The Awesome Right-Click No-Click Trick

How to scan images in Windows Vista

Windows vista is the successor of Windows XP, which is a great operating system. However, not all the main functions in Windows Vista are very easy to use and locate. Scanning and editing images are very essential functions, for they enable you save your most memorable pictures into your computer. This tutorial will show you how to easily scan and upload your pictures into your computer. Before we start, you need to make sure that you have a picture in the scanner to scan.

juderson scan 1 - The Awesome Right-Click No-Click Trick
    Figure 1: Click on the Start button.

Step 1- Go to windows photo gallery

Drag your mouse to the bottom left part of your screen. Next, click on the “Start” button. It resembles a blue orb with a flag that has different colors on it. After you have clicked on it, you will see the start menu pop up; you will also see a list of programs and items. At the very bottom of the start menu, you should see a search bar. If you do not see it, it is probably because you are not using the default Windows Vista themes or you are not using the original start menu display.

juderson scan 2 - The Awesome Right-Click No-Click Trick
    Figure 2: To change the Windows Vista start menu display to normal, right click on the task bar, and select “properties”. Under the start menu tab, choose the normal start menu.
    juderson scan 3 - The Awesome Right-Click No-Click Trick
    Figure 3: To change the Windows vista theme to display the search bar, simply right click on the desktop and select “personalize”. Then select “theme” and choose the “Windows Vista” theme as your default.

By now, you should be able to see the search bar. On the search bar, type “windows photo gallery” (without quotation marks). You should then see the windows photo gallery icon. Next, click on it.

juderson scan 4 - The Awesome Right-Click No-Click Trick
    Figure 4: Type in “windows photo gallery in the search bar.
    After you have clicked on the windows photo gallery icon, you should see a screen pop up with most of the images you have on your computer displayed.

juderson scan 5 - The Awesome Right-Click No-Click Trick
    Figure 5: Windows Photo Gallery should look something like this.

Step 2: Importing pictures from scanner

Once you are in windows photo gallery, drag your mouse to the top of the program and click on “file” and then select “import from camera and scanner.” The next screen will show you your default scanner, click on import to continue. The next screen will show you the scanning menu.

juderson scan 6 - The Awesome Right-Click No-Click Trick
    Figure 6: This is what the scanning menu should actually look like. Make sure you preview the picture first, and then click on scan. Clicking on scan first may cause some glitches and problems. Clicking preview first also enables you know whether your picture is positioned correctly in the scanner.

Step 3: Save the pictures to your computer.

After you are done scanning, you will then have the option to save the picture into your computer. You can name the picture whatever you want or let the machine choose a name for your image automatically. Once the picture is saved into computer, you can edit it, and share it online with friends.

~Jean-Baptiste Juderson

coolsite - The Awesome Right-Click No-Click Trick

Wanna Spell?

This sitereminds me of those magnetic letters that parents buy for theirchildren and put on the refrigerator so the kids can spendcountless hours arranging and rearranging the letters into words.It would make a great way for kids to practice spelling, that's forsure. But, even as an adult, I really enjoyed this site.

Start yourtrip by selecting the language of your choice. I chose English. Ina new window, the Wanna Spell spelling board will load for you.Now, you can choose from the letters on the board and startspelling. The other neat thing is that more than one person can beon the spelling board at the same time. The boards are set up likechat rooms in that respect. You can change rooms by going to thedrop down box above the white board area and just select adifferent room.

To startspelling, click and drag the letter you want to the area of theboard where you want to start spelling your words. How easy isthat?! And, just below the white spelling board, you can see howmany people are dragging (how many people are in the room with you)at the same time!

Pretty neat,huh?

20162B 2B1 - The Awesome Right-Click No-Click Trick

Karachi, Pakistan, Pakistan
    408 Post(s)
    9084 Thread(s)
    Default Re: The Awesome Right-Click No-Click Trick

v nice sharing sheem

83 Post(s)
    8537 Thread(s)
    Default Re: The Awesome Right-Click No-Click Trick

پھر یوں ہوا کے درد مجھے راس آ گیا

SAb Kya Dil Mein