Thread: Save Time - And Your Wrist + Everything You Need

Islamabad, UK
    548 Post(s)
    9504 Thread(s)
    Thumbs up Save Time - And Your Wrist + Everything You Need

quick tips - Save Time - And Your Wrist + Everything You Need

Disable Auto Arrange

Do you wishthere was a way to make certain that when you drag an icon on yourdesktop that it stays where you put it? This must be your luckyday, then, because I'm going to show you how to do just that!

Right-Click on your desktop.

arrange flyout - Save Time - And Your Wrist + Everything You Need

From the fly-out window that appears, put your mouse overView.

Un-check Auto Arrange.

Now drag a few icons around and realize the freedom of a completelymovable desktop! You can bunch icons together into groups, or putthem in a location where they can easily be accessed! What fun!

comp101 - Save Time - And Your Wrist + Everything You Need

I feel like I use my mouse too often and I was just wondering if there was an easy way I could cut back. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks for all your help!

t's possible and here's how! You just have to enable the "snap to" feature for your mouse. Go to Start, Control Panel and click on the Printers and Other Hardware link. Choose the Mouse link and then click on the Pointer Options tab. The second choice there is Snap To. Checkmark that box and click OK.

snapto - Save Time - And Your Wrist + Everything You Need

So, from now on, your mouse pointer will automatically move to the default button in any dialogue box. Every time you're doing something on your computer, the mouse pointer will take care of the finishing touches for you and you won't have to worry about moving your hand back over to your mouse. This feature also helps to eliminate wrist injuries, such as carpal tunnel, because you don't have to use your mouse quite so much. And let's be honest, who can argue with that?!

Now, go on and snap to it, my friends!

msoffice - Save Time - And Your Wrist + Everything You Need

Temporarily Ignore the PrintArea
    Do you set print areas in MS Excel to quickly print the cells that are only needed time and time again?

Ever have times when you want to print a different range of cells, without resetting the print area?

Yes? Then you need to give this a try!

First, highlight the cells you want to print.

Now, you need to go to the Print dialogue window. That can be found in the File menu, Print choice or for Excel 2007, it's under the Office button, Print submenu, Print choice. Or, if you really want to make it easy, just use Ctrl + P.

It's here that you'll tell Excel what to print. Under the "Print what" section, choose Selection.

activesheet - Save Time - And Your Wrist + Everything You Need

Now, proceed as usual by clicking on the OK button.

Here's a little extra tip for all you Excel 2007 users. You may have noticed the checkbox at the bottom of the list that says "Ignore print areas."

If you select that, Excel will print the entire worksheet for you, without disturbing your print areas.

That's all you have to do for quickly and easily printing the "not so usual" parts of your worksheet!

tipoftheday - Save Time - And Your Wrist + Everything You Need

All About Shortcuts

Haveyou ever needed to create a desktop shortcut to a program? Maybeyou had one and it disappeared (somehow) or perhaps the installprogram simply didn't put an icon on the desktop. Who knows, maybethe one you have on your desktop has been clicked so many timesit's just worn out and needs to be replaced with a spiffy new model(just kidding).

There are three common ways to create desktop shortcutsthequick way, the easy way and the techy way.

Quick Way:

Most programs have a shortcut under the Start Menu, Programs (it'srare to find one that doesn't). Head to the program shortcut (thesame way you would if you were launching it). Instead of leftclicking it to run, right-click and scroll down to "Send To" then"Desktop". This will automatically create a ashortcut on yourdesktop.

createshortcut - Save Time - And Your Wrist + Everything You Need

Easy Way:

With this method you will also go to Start Menu, Programs and headover to the program shortcut. Instead of left clicking it to run,right-click and drag it to the desktop. Once you're hovering overthe desktop, release the mouse button and a little menu will popup.

copyhere - Save Time - And Your Wrist + Everything You Need

Choose the "copy here" option and you'll have a shiny new shortcut,just waiting to be clicked.

Quick noteI know that some of you may be wondering why youdon't just left-click and drag to the desktop. Although you can,that action will re-locate the icon, not copy it. It will no longerbe available under your Start Menu, Programs. Hence the right-clickdraggin' trick.

Techy Way:

This way is a little more difficult, but it does come in handy iffor some reason you don't have a shortcut to a particular programin your Start menu, Programs area. As an added bonus, you can usethis method to create shortcuts to documents, pictures, etc. Forthe steps below, we'll assume you're trying to create a shortcut toan actual program.

1. Right-click the Desktop and select New, Shortcut from theresulting menu.

createshortcut2 - Save Time - And Your Wrist + Everything You Need

2. A little wizard will pop up, asking you for the location of thefile. You're looking for the "executable" file, basically the onethat makes the program run. You'll probably want to head to the"C:\Program Files\" directory of your hard drive. If your C: driveisn't shown when you hit the Browse button, find where "MyComputer" is listed and double-click it.

programfiles - Save Time - And Your Wrist + Everything You Need

Under "Program Files", you'll see lots of folders, look for the oneyour program is in.

3. After you locate the program's executable file, double-click itand hit Next on the little wizard. You'll be asked to name theshortcut. You can use the default name, but I would recommendputting in something more descriptive (usually the name is a littlecryptic, like "Prgam.exe" or something).

createshortcut3 - Save Time - And Your Wrist + Everything You Need

4. Hit Finish and you're all done.

Oh, as an alternative to using the Wizard, you can also locate theprogram's "exe" file using My Computer or Explorer, thenright-click and drag it to the desktop. Select "Make shortcutshere" from the resulting menu and it will create a shortcut. If youdon't like the default name Windows gives it, right-click andselect Rename from the resulting menu.

There ya goyou're a shortcut makin' expert now.

coolsite - Save Time - And Your Wrist + Everything You Need

All Things Christmas

Tis’ the season to be jolly! And I have to admit I’m having a blast checking out all these Christmas sites. There are so many ways to navigate this site that it’s crazy! You can use the red navigation menu at the top of the page, or scroll down to view the categories with descriptions. You can also check out the Fun Things to Do section on the left of the page, or check out the forum posts on the right side of the page.

No matter how you navigate you are going to find a site that is brimming with holiday cheer. You can send Christmas e-cards out from here to let your friends and family know you care. You can listen to Christmas carols, see their lyrics, and heck why not sing-a-long? I did! There are gift ideas, craft ideas, recipes, stories and more!

Check it out today!

20162B 2B1 - Save Time - And Your Wrist + Everything You Need

Karachi, Pakistan, Pakistan
    408 Post(s)
    9084 Thread(s)
    Default Re: Save Time - And Your Wrist + Everything You Ne

83 Post(s)
    8537 Thread(s)
    Default Re: Save Time - And Your Wrist + Everything You Ne

پھر یوں ہوا کے درد مجھے راس آ گیا