Classic mango ice creamIngredients: 1 litre milk
2 1/2 tsp cornflour
1 tsp gelatin
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup fresh cream
1 tsp mango essence
1/2 cup cold milk (additional)
1 cup mango pulp
1/2 cup fresh beaten cream
1/4 cup ground sugar
- Boil milk for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix cornflour in half a cup of cold milk and keep aside.
- Add sugar to milk and stir.
- Then, add cornflour paste very slowly, stirring continuously.
- Boil for five minutes and take it off.
- Sprinkle gelatin over three tbsp water in a small pan.
- Allow to soak for five minutes and warm over gentle heat, till dissolved.
- Do not bring it to a boil.
- When the boiled milk cools a little, add gelatin solution and mix well.
- Cool before freezing in a bowl.
- When it is set, remove from freezer and beat until it is soft and creamy.
- Add one cup cream with essence and beat.
- Now add the mango pulp, half cup beaten cream and ground sugar.
- Transfer back to container and freeze till well set.
- Serve when set.