Thread: Music Review of the Week (7-13, 2008)

Mentioned
    1031 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9706 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Music Review of the Week (7-13, 2008)

CRAIG DAVID TRUST ME
    7music craigdavid - Music Review of the Week (7-13, 2008)
    Will We Ever Get To Listen To The Best of Craig David Again?

7music craigdavid - Music Review of the Week (7-13, 2008)I have loved Craig David since his very first album. His albums are amongst my most prized possessions. 7 days, Rewind, Rendezvous, Whats your Flava? are amongst the long list of Craig David songs that I love. My most favorite is Walking Away, I have never been able to get over it. I still listen to it very often, since it's one of my all time favorites. On the other hand, his album All The Way was a downfall, the title song gave me a false impression of another Craig David album that I would love and listen to over and over again, but that didn't happen. I just liked the title song... and eventually got over it.

Coming to his latest album, Trust Me, it was a disappointment, nothing special, nothing different. In my opinion, all the songs sounded the same (and supposedly Craig David has recorded this album three times to get a different feel each time.) Songs that I would listen to if I didn't have anything else to do and for the sake of my loyalty to Craig David, would be Hot Stuff and This is the Girl. 6 of 1 thing isn't bad either, but the chorus sounds like One thing by Amerie. I am still TRYING to love Craig David's work but he sure isn't making it easy!

Pakistani:

Strings – Koi Aane Wala Hai
    7music strings - Music Review of the Week (7-13, 2008)
    7music strings - Music Review of the Week (7-13, 2008)Finally the most anticipated album of the year is out and is sizzling up the music charts right away. Yeah! You got it right; it’s Strings with their latest offering Koi Aanay Wala Hai that comes after a hiatus of around 4 years. The title track, sung by Faisal Kapadia, is a perfect way to start proceedings with. It kicks off with roaring guitar riffs and carries on with Bilal’s immaculate guitar work until Faisal hits the deck with his captivating voice.

It’s probably one of the most terrific tracks the duo has ever composed. It’s melodious, rockish and at the same time pleasing on ears. I have loved the track ever since it first captured my attention and it continues to be on my repeat list. I simply love the chorus in the track that is one of the highlights of the track.

Equaling the music quality are the heart wrenching verses penned by the great Anwar Maqsood. Lyrics such as Dharkan keh rahi hai yehan koi aaney wala hai; sawan keh raha hai badal koi chane wala hai; mann mera pagal dhoondta hai tujhe ghabra kay; koyal keh rahi saathi koi gaane wala hai; ik naya asmaan mil gaya hai hume tujhko paa kay are meaningful and unforgettable.

The video of the track is shot in Malaysia and features Indian star John Abraham as an angel who falls in love with a pretty girl. How he transforms into a human for his love is what the song is all about.

Strings tortured their fans without releasing an album in many years but I believe that Koi Aanay Wala Hai was worth the wait. Welcome back, Strings!
    Strings’s Koi Aanay Wala Hai is out in the markets

Azal – Aisi Taisi

7music azal - Music Review of the Week (7-13, 2008)
    7music azal - Music Review of the Week (7-13, 2008)With over 11,000+ views on Youtube with 70,000+ download hits and heavy rotations on all major networks, Azal’s debut number Aisi Taisi is already a memorable track. Azal comprises of four ebullient young men: Ali Rajab (vocals), Ehtesham (aka ET) (vocals), Samir (bass) and Shabi (guitars) that are ready to rock your world with their electrifying pop rock music. As the name suggests, Aisi Taisi pokes fun at social deficiencies in a lighter vein; the composition is groovy like a Jimmy Hendrix song sung by Michael Jackson. The song is a pure hard core rock ditty, layered tremendously with scorching guitar riffs, bass maestro Sameer’s hard hitting bass waves and galloping stick work. However, the vocals overpower everything else here. While ET’s voice is fresh, energetic and sure to be a hit with the youth, Ali Rajab, who hails from an illustrious musical family, the Gwaliar Gharana, makes sure there remains that traditional classic touch to the track. The end product is simply marvelous and the band seems to have been making the most of it.

The lyrics of the track focus on the present catastrophic situation of our country where there is a lack of law and order and whoever has the power can get away with anything. Lines such as “system ki ghulami kyun Karen, dar dar key kahe ko maren, paisa pass hai tu kyun udhaas duniya ki aisi taisi”, portrays the fact quite efficiently.
    The video of the track is directed by Jalal and sees the band members in the disguise of robbers and partying after a successful loot. With a gem of a debut number, Azal is a band to watch out for!

Azal’s Debut album Road To Infinity is out in the markets.

English top 10 songs:
    1. Lil Wayne Featuring Static Major – Lollipop
    2. Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love

3. David Cook – The Time of My Life

4. Rihanna – Take a Bow

5. Jordin Sparks Duet with Chris Brown – No Air

6. Usher feat. Young Jeezy – Love in This Club

7. Ray J & Young Burg – +++y Can I

8. Madonna Feat. Justine Timberlake – 4 Minutes

9. Natasha Beningfield – Pocket full Of Sunshine

10. Coldplay - Viva La Vida

Top 10 Pakistani Albums:

1. Strings – Koi Aanay Wala Hai

2. Jal – Boondh

3. Atif Aslam – Meri Kahani

4. Rahat Fateh Ali – Charkha

5. Najam Sheraz - Najam

6. Fuzon - Journey

7. Azal – Road To Infinity

8. Mizmaar – Sitara

9. Sajjad Ali – Chahar Balish

10. Saleem Javed - Dosti

Mentioned
    839 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9270 Thread(s)

Default Re: Music Review of the Week (7-13, 2008)

Aise taise tu Nadia khan show main aye the sare ajeeb-o-gareeb they
    صرف آواز نہیں ، لفظ بھی مقفل ہیں مرے

سوچ میں ہوں کہ اب تجھ کو پکاروں کیسے

Mentioned
    1031 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9706 Thread(s)

acha maine nahi dekhe

Mentioned
    839 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9270 Thread(s)

kafi din hue ....subha ke waqt dekha tha maine
    صرف آواز نہیں ، لفظ بھی مقفل ہیں مرے

سوچ میں ہوں کہ اب تجھ کو پکاروں کیسے

Mentioned
    1031 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9706 Thread(s)

hmmm ok