46 ounces whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove excess moisture
- 6 cups store-bought or homemade tomato sauce (I used homemade roasted garlic/onion sauce)
- 12 (8 ounces) no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds or shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees;. In a medium bowl, whisk together ricotta cheese, eggs, salt & pepper. Add spinach, and stir well to combine.
2. Spread a small bit of tomato sauce in the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish or dishes. (or two 8x8 baking dish) Arrange a layer of lasagna noodles on top. Spread 1/3 of the ricotta mixture over the noodles, followed by 1/3 of the remaining sauce. Repeat to make two more layers.
3. Finish with a layer of sliced mozzarella rounds.
4. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil; continue baking until top is golden brown, about 15 minutes more. Let cool slightly before serving.