Spicy Fried Fish Cubes
Cod Fillet or any other Firm White Fish - 675 gms
Onion - 1, medium size
- 1 tblsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Garlic - 1 tsp, grated
Dried Red Chillies - 1 tsp, crushed
Garam Masala - 1 1/2 tsp
Fresh Coriander - 2 tblsp, chopped
Tomatoes - 2 medium
Cornflour - 2 tblsp
Corn Oil - 2/3 cup
1. Skin the fish and remove any remaining bones. Cut it into small cubes. Place in a bowl, cover and put in the refrigerator to chill.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut the onion into thin slices. Put in a bowl and add the lemon juice and salt.
3. Add the garlic, crushed dried red chillies, garam masala and fresh coriander. Mix well.
4. Peel the tomatoes by dropping them into boiling water for a few seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and gently peel off the skins. Chop the tomatoes roughly and add to the onion mixture in the bowl.
5. Tip the contents of the bowl into a blender and process for about 30 seconds. Remove the fish from the refrigerator. Pour the contents of the blender over the fish and mix well.
6. Add the cornflour and mix again until the fish pieces are well coated with the onion mixture.
7. Heat the oil in a kadai. Lower the heat slightly and add the fish pieces, a few at a time. Turn them gently with a slotted spoon as they are liable to break easily. Cook for about 5 minutes until the fish is lightly browned.
8. Remove the fish pieces from the pan and drain on kitchen paper. Keep warm and continue frying the remaining fish.
9. Serve hot with chutney.